Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

RAM problem, Please Help

This is a discussion on RAM problem, Please Help within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and.I'm having a blue screen of death from time to time and had

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and.I'm having a blue screen of death from time to time and had an error "The file is possibly corrupt. the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." So I tried to remove 1 RAM (Samsung 512MB 2Rx16 PS-5300 M470T6554EZ3-CE6) from its memory slot and it worked just fine using normal boot. But my computer's performance to open/close drops significantly since I'm only working with a 512MB.

So what I want to get enlightened with is to how to restore/fix my Samsung RAM back (if it will still work) and what really caused the crash.

Here's the current spec from https://www.crucial.com/systemscanner...98FD31D926C3#:
Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
Available Memory Slots: 1
Total Memory Slots: 2
Dual Channel Support: Yes
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz CPU Version
CPU Speed: 1995 MHz

from(Everest Ultimate)
CPU Type: Mobile Intel Celeron 550, 2000 MHz (15 x 133)
Motherboard Name: Acer Aspire 4315
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Crestline-GML GL960
System Memory: 502 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: ProMos/Mosel Vitelic V916764B24QBFW-F5 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM
BIOS Type: Phoenix (01/15/08)

Is there anything I've lacked, I'll add them up asap. I'll appreciate any help.

Regards,
mbdsquad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry can't find the edit button for the first post so I double posted.

Here's an update. I tried swapping my Samsung and ProMos on the two memory slots. The result is that whenever I install Samsung on either slots, with and without ProMos, the computer's power button turns on but the screen stays completely black. So, is this really a ram incompatibility? But why it only happened a few days ago when I'm using them for already 6 months.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

It is not recommended that you use two different sticks of RAM in the same PC. It is recommended to use identical paired sticks when using multiple sticks. It sounds like your Samsung RAM is defective.

If you purchase new RAM, I would recommend OCZ - GSkill - Corsair for quality RAM.
Closed Thread