Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

ram not working, please help

This is a discussion on ram not working, please help within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have a p5vdc-x motherboard and have recently got a 1gb hynix 5300 ddr2 ram stick which doesnt seem to

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #1

i have a p5vdc-x motherboard and have recently got a 1gb hynix 5300 ddr2 ram stick which doesnt seem to work in my computer. when i boot up the light on my monitor just blinks but when i try with 2 512mb ddr sticks it works but comes up with a "ucode" error. i was just wondering if updating my bios version from v590 to v701 would maybe make the ram stick work. i have spoken to to people who say it should work even if its not supported in my motherboard booklet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to MaverickUK

What RAM modules did you already have inserted and what RAM modules did you add-in as new? If the speed, density, size, interface (DDR? DDR2?) and manufacturer are different then it will be a compatability issue.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

also
Quote:
i have spoken to to people who say it should work even if its not supported in my motherboard booklet
This is not 100% accurate.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could this be a ram issue?
Basically i have had constant freezing problems with this computer since i got it, it can idle fine, browse the web ok, but when downloading, gaming, or sometimes even installing large programs i get a complete system lock with no sound loop, even the led's on the keyboard stop responding. But...
Haineko RAM and Power Supply Support 3 12-17-2006 07:33 PM
Ram Question?
My sisters computer is a Dell Dimension L500cx that has 64MB SD Ram PC100 and I am attempting to upgrade it to the max of 512. I contacted Dell and they said to purchase.. " DELL - 256 MB Module for a Dell Dimension L Series System 256 MB SDRAM, PC133, Non-Parity, Unbuffered Dell Part #:...
pjm333 Win 98 & ME Support 19 03-08-2006 05:17 AM
Ram not working
I have an Abit AV8 mobo that i have been running 512MB of Crucial Balistix DDR 400 (PC 3200) for some time now. When I built it, it was my understanding that I could add another of the exact same stick and run it in dual channel. I finally got the money and bought it. I just tried installing...
phantommullet Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 13 07-24-2005 12:44 PM
Ram Not Working
I had 64 megs of ram pc 133, and just recently added another 128 mb pc 133. Once I added the ram, it would not detect it, then even more.. when I put the 64 mb back in, it wont detect that. Any ideas of what it could be?
mustangman540 Other Hardware Support 4 08-15-2003 12:54 PM