Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

RAM not detected

This is a discussion on RAM not detected within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm looking to upgrade my HP dx7510 MT desktop PC. I bought Kingston DDR3 4GB RAM PC-1600. I remove the

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm looking to upgrade my HP dx7510 MT desktop PC. I bought Kingston DDR3 4GB RAM PC-1600. I remove the old RAM and replace it with new one. But the RAM is not detected. I brought the RAM back to where I bought it, but it seems to work just fine when the technician there tested it on his PC. What could be the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

The product specifications page doesn't say much about the supported memory configurations for your pc, but third-party sites indicate that it accepts DDR3-1066 or DDR3-1333 only. DDR3-1600 is not supported. Secondly, the pc will take a maximum 2GB stick in each of its 4 slots. If you bought a single 4GB stick, it won't take it. Get a set of 2x 2GB modules if you want a total of 4GB memory. If you're adding an extra 4GB to the existing memory, try to find an exact match for the existing module(s) or at least match the speed of the existing memory. For example, if you currently have a 2GB DDR3-1066 module installed, install a 2x 2GB of DDR3-1066 as well.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Did the store refund your money? Did you buy it based on their recommendation? If so, then for sure, they should have researched compatibility first and they would have found the same information Stansestans did - that your board supports up to 2GB sticks.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
delta search/babylon etc
Hi, Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me with this please. Have delta search and babylon plus something to do with 'conduit' I think i have performed the correct scans/logs. Please advise me if i need to do any more if not correct. Many thanks again. Emma # AdwCleaner...
emmathorne Resolved HJT Threads 27 12-07-2013 12:08 AM
McAfee disappeared
Two days ago I noticed the McAfee icon missing from my desk top and the tray and it did not appear to be running. I reinstalled it from their website and ran a full scan. It found Generic Exploit!p2u in c:\DocumentsandSettings\Bob\Local\Settings\Temp\jar_cache2076161686850398746.tmp. Since then...
BobinNJ Resolved HJT Threads 21 04-23-2012 05:12 AM
Future Upgrade: Ivy Bridge RAM Voltage Question
Hi Guys I have a Core i5-750 machine right now, P7P55D-E Pro motherboard and 4 GB Corsair Dominator RAM. I was going to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge system right now but do not need to upgrade right now and have decided to wait until Ivy Bridge comes out along with the new 7 series motherboards...
PRSF RAM and Power Supply Support 8 09-26-2011 04:12 PM
[SOLVED] Computer unbelievably slow, will more RAM fix it?
My computer is extremely, extremely slow, for example opening the Windows Calculator can take 30 or more seconds, so just imagine how slow doing actual work is. When I built the computer I intentionally built it with too little RAM to save money to upgrade it later which I still have never done....
aab1 RAM and Power Supply Support 24 07-01-2011 01:07 AM
Selecting RAM for your Laptop
Introduction: The type of RAM a laptop takes can usually be determined by what processor it has. The processor is always easy to tell, to find out, download a free utility called PC Wizard. This utility will tell you your information about your computer, including your CPU and its model number....
TheMatt Laptop Support 1 11-26-2006 11:25 AM