Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

PSU Voltage not stable

This is a discussion on PSU Voltage not stable within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I just dont know or is something wrong on my side or... this is second PSU and same alerts

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello, I just dont know or is something wrong on my side or... this is second PSU and same alerts etc. I see. Why I pay 80 for Gigabyte 700W and last was Corsair 650W for 75, so they are not so bad or cheap or do I need to pay 150 for PSU to have stable computer?

Software AIDA64

and Black window from ASUS AI Suite II by Probe II

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ASUS Voltage Alert Select.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	319184  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

It might not be an issue with your PSU but rather an issue with your mobo.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Oh ty for info. but if is all ok voltage most be always stable?

+/- picture, but never 0V alert?

I still playing with Asus Voltage alert, but with this settings work. with this settings I see few small warning the main problem is 0V.

That 5V warning to 10V is
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Power Supply Voltage Tolerances.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	319194   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASUS Voltage.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	319196   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASUS Voltage 5V to 10V Alert.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	319198  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

About warning 5V to 10V this will ruin my computer for sure maybe MB send wrong data to softwares/computer?

So maybe it is something on MB
Old 03-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Chech voltages in bios

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

First, is your computer unstable?

The fact you have tried two different power supplies and get the same results suggests your power supplies are good.

I would try another hardware monitor. Check out HwInfo64. But note the amount of information it provides can be overwhelming to new users until used to the program. So when it starts, check "Sensors only" when prompted. Then scroll down to your motherboard and see what the voltages say there. If still out of the 5% allowed tolerance range, then further troubleshooting is required.

I am not a fan of using a multimeter to test power supplies because they can be dangerous and are not conclusive. But in this case, you can verify voltages by using the meter probes in unused PSU connectors. If bad, it is possible you got two bad supplies, but that is not likely - especially not two bad with the exact same symptoms.

Every home and every computer user should have access to a AC Outlet Tester to ensure your outlet is properly wired and grounded. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets (outlets near water) too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, (like this one for the UK) at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Wal-Mart. Use it to test all the outlets in the home and if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.

If you have a multimeter and know what you are doing, you can verify your mains voltages are correct too. But since these are definitely deadly voltages, don't do it unless qualified.

If you have an UPS on your system, most UPS have either a LCD display panel that can display the line voltage, or software that can report the line voltage, or both.

Last, there have been many reports of the ASUS Anti-Surge feature causing more headaches than it is worth for some users. If certain your mains outlet is properly wired and grounded to Earth ground, and the mains voltages are correct, you might consider disabling that feature and see what happens.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Old 03-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Idont have UPS....

I use AIDA64 because it show warning.... and warning 0 V are when I type "0 V Alert" if anyone have time and install free version of AIDA64 and test if is a bug or is problem on my computer.

All others sensors are stable. Is nice if I lay game etc. it show warning very usefull for testing. I will try on AIDA64 Forum or if anyone have time 30 min and test if show 0 V...

Now I use RAM, CPU, SSD, MB and GPU, but is new card better and still same problem

Old 03-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Registered Member

My System

15 min to fast :D

Computer is not stable every 1, 2, 3 days is turn off automatically like restart. When is off I can`t turn it ON I need to switch 0/1 button on psu for 10 sec, after that I can turn on PC normally. Thats the main reason... for my problem. CPU max temp after 30 min 100% test is 60C and this all warnings are from idle mode so CPU Temp is totaly fake. (In idle is CPU temp 40C, but I look only CPU Package: 44 C is more realistic!

Could OS be a problem here ?

Anyway one more picture....
Old 03-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #9
Visiting Tech

My System

You can't use Photobucket to host images anymore. They turned nasty and want sites like TSF to pay $400 per year.

Best to use the forum's own Attach Files feature or Imgur.com.

You are the one that needs to try another hardware monitor. We don't need to test AIDA64. It won't do any good because we don't have your motherboard or CPU.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #10
Registered Member

My System

I found a problem about 0V was default drivers for motherboard - ASUS AI Suite II. Now no alerts, if ASUS AI Suite II is not installed.

For computer restarting I didn`t finish everything for now so... now with new OS everything works ok no restarts etc.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro

I try other versions for other Asus Motherboard and same problem 0V warning.... I try with other hardware monitor is same 0V.

Second computer works ok with drivers and same motherboard. Now I need to test others components card reader etc.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #11
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Bright View Post
You can't use Photobucket to host images anymore. They turned nasty and want sites like TSF to pay $400 per year.
Even if I use TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and I never had problems on any other forum, but here doesnt work. I think is bug on this forum...
Old 04-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #12
Visiting Tech

My System

No. Image attachments work fine here. The problem with Photobucket is they go greed. I recommend you use https://imgur.com/

Old 04-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #13
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Bright View Post
No. Image attachments work fine here. The problem with Photobucket is they go greed. I recommend you use https://imgur.com/
All pictures above are fake icons and they are not from Photobucket! they are from TinyPic

Computer is stable look voltage +/- without ASUS AI Suite II I test versions for other MB same 0V warning. After fromat everything works ok no restarts....

1h 100% test no alerts etc.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100% CPU Test.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	319508  
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
Registered Member

My System

My bad they are from photobucket I use pictures on other forum.... sry

Anyone know for good fan regulator like from Asus.

What I hate is CPU temp aand CPU Package!

CPU temp is max 60C but CPU Package go above 80 On my computer is max 80C

And most softwares use CPU temp not CPU Package temp

And line is not very good u can see on picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zajeta slika.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	319512  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #15
Registered Member

My System

15 min is so fast :D

Software with this option. Or I will remove alerts and use ASUS AI Suite II. If anyone know for any free software fan regulator like from asus will be nice....

Asus Strix NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB

so fans not run if is temp lower then I set 55C default is 65C (asus gpu tweak 2) In idle is GPU temp 45C so fans starts when I play games or....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	side.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	319514  
Old 04-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #16
Registered Member

My System

I will never bought normal cards, because it is totaly useless for fans to run all the time on graphic card for no reason even if is temp 30C. I better have temp 40-45C and fans off. When my computer is in idle only runs 2 fans CPU and back side at 500-600 rpm and computer is totaly soundless Picture for fan line is default not my. I didn`t finish everything after format....

And Asus created option to fans always be on or turned on by user settings is perfect all in one

Now I only need to find software for CPU fans etc. if anyone know for any good free software will be nice....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ASUS GPU Tweak II - Fan always ON.png
Views:	49
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	319516  
Old 04-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #17
Visiting Tech

My System

I know many people who have experienced problems - until they disable ASUS AntiSurge.

Your voltages look good there. Acceptable Tolerances:
12VDC 5% = 11.4 to 12.6VDC
5VDC 5% = 4.75 to 5.25VDC
3.3VDC 5% = 3.14 to 3.47VDC

Closed Thread