Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Problem with power supply unit of HP XW6600 Workstation

This is a discussion on Problem with power supply unit of HP XW6600 Workstation within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear friends all over the world! I have a second hand HP Workstation XW6600, I bought it last year (2016)

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 01:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Dear friends all over the world!

I have a second hand HP Workstation XW6600, I bought it last year (2016) but only use it some times.
Recently, I've met a problem with its PSU (power supply unit). The PSU is a 670 watt power, strong enough to supply for whole system.
But I don't know why the PSU has been damaged 3 times within only 1 year from the time I bought it in 2016.
Specifically, when I am working on it, for example editting documents, drawing AutoCAD, etc, the PSU suddenly was damaged, sounds a "boom".
I doubted the PSU was overloaded but I don't know how to check this issue.
I also know that the PSU has an autovoltage function, it means that I can use an a.c voltage range from 100V to 240V. I am now using a 240VAC source.
So I have some questions for you as follows:
1. Could you help me to fix this issue? (the psu is damaged continuously)
2. Should I use a 100VAC source for this PSU?
3. Do I use an automatic voltage stabilizer?

Thank you so much

Rain
(Vietnam)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

How is the power grid in the area? If its unstable or dirty power, you may want to consider a UPC or Battery Backup to help clean and stabilize the power flow.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
How is the power grid in the area? If its unstable or dirty power, you may want to consider a UPC or Battery Backup to help clean and stabilize the power flow.
Dear Masterchiefxx17,

Thank you so much.
I will seriously consider your advice.

BR,
Rain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
Troubled

It is absolutely essential that the power supply in the unit of HP XW6600 Workstation system be supplying the voltages with consistency.You must use the power controlling system.
Closed Thread