Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

problem with battery

This is a discussion on problem with battery within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I did see some similar problems posted elsewhere but nothing that seemed to fix it. I have an Asus Zenbook

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

I did see some similar problems posted elsewhere but nothing that seemed to fix it. I have an Asus Zenbook and recently I had to get a new charger because it wasn't charging and the lamp didn't light up when plugged into the mains. I got a replacement charger and it was working fine for about a month and a bit. However, yesterday when I tried charging the pc initially was fine and then soon afterwards, would only charge when positioned at precise angles. Then shortly afterwards, it stopped charging at all. The replacement charger appears to be fine because wthe lamp is lit when I plug it in. Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

When you say "replacement charger" is this not an Asus brand name power cord?
If it is not that would be the experience I generally have with batteries and cords where if they work at all, it is only for a short time.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

I am pretty sure the replacement charger is a genuine Asus charger. (From comparison with my old charger and from the product description.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #4
Registered Member

It does also have the ASUS logo on it.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Computer screen has no signal when booting
Hi My computer would seem like it is starting up (fans turning and lights blinking) but my computer screen doesn't receive any signal. When the screen display comes back, a Windows Error Recovery menu would show up. Any form of help will be appreciated. :smile: Thank you.
karhn Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 09-27-2014 12:17 AM
Touchpad Pointer Freezing Problem - Is there a Solution Out There?
Touch pad Freezing Review (Updated 30/1/2014) Millions of "Solutions" out there?! Hi! I have posted this on several forums in the hope that someone might have a working solution to this problem? I have given a fairly detailed description of things I have tried, but have not found a solution...
John Wilkinson Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 02-28-2014 11:54 AM
Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected"
Hi everyone, My laptop battery seemed like it had loads of life left in it, but one day it just suddenly stopped working and my laptop started saying "no battery is detected". I contacted the insurance people and they came over to check that the battery was dead and that it wasn't a problem with...
breslin Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 05-07-2012 01:04 PM
Battery indicator problem?
Hey guys! So i installed Windows 7 onto my HP6910p Laptop and i've noticed something that i think shouldnt be happening. however i may be wrong. The battery indicator, when i plug the laptops adapter in i notice the battery indicator animated at times and at other times it doesnt. So far it...
user1690 Laptop Support 2 10-22-2011 01:52 AM
[SOLVED] Rootkit problem: hidden boot sector.
Dearest Techies: I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron N7010 Notebook. A few days ago the computer would not start and took me to the windows 7 startup repair utility, and it was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. I ended up having to restore the system to factory settings to get...
Raygumm Resolved HJT Threads 60 07-03-2011 09:07 PM