Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

powers on, but nothing happens

This is a discussion on powers on, but nothing happens within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. so ive looked up many other threads and none of them seem to have the same problem as i have

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

so ive looked up many other threads and none of them seem to have the same problem as i have

my computer has been working fine for about 5 years now. but lately when my computer has been off for a couple of hours. I go to turn it on and the fans spins and lights up but the computer itself does not boot up.

i read somewhere to hold down the power button to turn it off, then try again and after 1-5 tries my computer actually starts working.

I want to do some upgrading to my computer but i dont want to do it until this problem is fixed. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

my computer works after some resets but i want to get rid of this hassel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

What make/model PC? If custom built then post the specs.

MB-CPU-RAM-GPU-PSU brand/wattage

Check the MB for any damaged capacitors (bulging,leaking,etc)

Replace the CMOS battery.

Test with another PSU if possible
Old 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

motherboard is asus p5q pro turbo
geforce 8800 gt
intel duo core processor
so i replaced the 2032 battery and reseated everything and the problem now is it wont even boot on at all now.

no damage to any of the cappacitors nor are there any leaks.

last time i had this problem my cousin told me my motherboard was dead. i still have the warranty. should i try to replace the motherboard?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Make sure the battery is installed correctly.

Are the fans running? Lights flashing

Check all power connection to motherboard.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Emeritus

Brand & Model of the PSU?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
Registered Member

MY computert windows begins to load but stops quickly.is there anything that i should check bafore i call an expet.i'm currently using my school's computers.please help!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongani View Post
MY computert windows begins to load but stops quickly.is there anything that i should check bafore i call an expet.i'm currently using my school's computers.please help!!
bongani, Please post your question in a new thead, do not hijack another thread. It is just too difficult to work with two problems in one thread. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongani View Post
bongani, Please post your question in a new thead, do not hijack another thread. It is just too difficult to work with two problems in one thread. Thank you!
Closed Thread