Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Power surges and BSOD

This is a discussion on Power surges and BSOD within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all, so ive recently built a gaming pc from scratch so every part is new, however whenever i am

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all, so ive recently built a gaming pc from scratch so every part is new, however whenever i am playing a reasonably high demanding game my computer restarts with a warning from asus surge protector saying my computer has been shut down to stop a power surge from an unstable power unit, after consulting a friend i turned off asus surge protector and the surge warning was replaced with a blue screen of death,
i assumed the problem was due to a faulty PSU and so i had it replaced for a new one of the same model but it has not fixed anything.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can fix this?

Parts
Motherboard: Asus H87M-PRO Intel H87 S1150/4xDDR3/2xPCIEx16/SATA3/USB3.0/HDMI/DP/DVI/D-SUB/Glan/MicroATX MB
PSU: corsair vs650 650W
CPU: intel i7-4771 3.5ghz 8mb LGA1150 Haswell
GPU: ATI Radeon R9-280X 3GB
RAM: 4GBx2 G.Skill Ripjaws-x DDR3

ps: some games i am playing are experiencing alot of flickering textures, and my internet has alot of random fluctuating sessions which i never experienced on my laptop which was in the same place as my pc is now. (not sure if these are related but more details cant hurt i guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

please do not duplicate posts here
I will close this one
continue here
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...od-785842.html
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power surges and BSOD
hi all, so ive recently built a gaming pc from scratch so every part is new, however whenever i am playing a reasonably high demanding game my computer restarts with a warning from asus surge protector saying my computer has been shut down to stop a power surge from an unstable power unit, after...
Crayze_w00kie Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 6 01-25-2014 05:58 AM
[SOLVED] Power Supply issue?
Hi, I've been having some issues with my PC recently. First of all, I would try to start a video game, in this case, StarCraft II, and it would freeze the PC, so I would have to hit the reset button on the computer. Problem is, I noticed it turned off the computer instantly, without restarting...
Alex_06 RAM and Power Supply Support 9 10-10-2011 11:00 PM
BSOD errors and power surges [moved from Vista/7]
Ok, I've had problems with this newly built computer ever since I first put it together. Upon very first startup and to this day I get the famous asus power surge upon post and it fried my ultra 500w 3 months later. That power supply was 3 or 4 years old so I thought nothing of it and bought the...
Compfreak86 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 02-10-2011 10:06 AM