Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Power Supply Problem

This is a discussion on Power Supply Problem within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have new Power Supply Unit (ACE Black Edition A-750BR) installed into my PC all the connectors seem to

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have new Power Supply Unit (ACE Black Edition A-750BR) installed into my PC all the connectors seem to be in the correct slots but i have a problem, my monitor is completely blank as if its unplugged (No Signal).

HDD connected.
DVD connected .
Motherboard - 24pin connected.
Motherboard - 4pin connected.
Power (i think) - Connected.

My PC Specs:~

OS Name - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
System Manufacturer - Packard Bell BV
System Model - iPower X8620
System Type - x64-based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory - 3.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory - 6.00 GB
Power Supply - ACE A-750BR 750W
Motherboard - ASUS P5N-E SLI/PB Vegas 2

Graphics:~

Adapter Description - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS x2 on SLI

Hope this is enough information and i hope someone can help me

Thanks
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Emeritus

The new PSU is a poor quality unit and is not above suspicion.
Why was the old PSU replaced?
If it was also a low quality unit and failed, it could have done damage to other components.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I replaced it with my standard 400watt PSU, nothing wrong with it but i was told i need a better one to run 2 Graphic Cards on SLI both cards were 300watt recommended (i didn't buy them) the new psu was bought from OverclockersUK for £50 a while ago (also recommended by the same friend)
i am currently using the standard 400watt in my pc now my 8600gs cards are rubbish and are looking for cards to work with either this 400 watt, or the 750 that doesn't work yet.

Thanks for the reply :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Emeritus

A 400W PSU is not sufficient for any single PCI-E GPU and certainly not teo GPU's.
One better GPU is almost always the better option. Two GPU's need/consume more power, generate more unneeded heat in the case and you get a small performance increase in the few games/apps that can utilize two GPU's.
My best recommendation for the ACE A-750BR 750W PSU would be to attempt a refund and invest in a good quality PSU.
SeaSonic-XFX-Corsair (not the CXZ-GS-M Series) are top quality.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Registered Member

ive decided to stick with the 400 watt, i'll try get a new single gfx card.
very much appreciated Tyree.

Lee
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #6
Emeritus

400W is not sufficient for a dedicated GPU. We recommend 550W minimum with a "good quality" PSU.
Your money-your choice and best of luck.

Closed Thread