Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Please help with Corsair 750 TX ps for CPU power

This is a discussion on Please help with Corsair 750 TX ps for CPU power within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What connector/cable do I use for the 4-pin 12V ATX CPU power? I see one binded with the 20-pin ATX

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

What connector/cable do I use for the 4-pin 12V ATX CPU power? I see one binded with the 20-pin ATX connector to make the 24-pin connector, but usually these can be easily split but on the Corsair, the 20-pin and 4-pin are taped and wrapped together to make the 24-pin connection. Do I just unwrap and cut the sheath apart to split this 20/4 pin connection to use the 4 pins? Or do I use a combination of two of the two free 6-8 pin PCI-E connectors, or the 8-4 pin EPS ATX 12V, which doesn't seem to fit. Here's a pic, please tell me which one:

https://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/pc/cors...caps7509lg.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Don't use the 4 pins from the 20+4 ATX power cable. The cpu power is a separate cable with a 4+4 configuration. If the motherboard has a 4 pin socket for the cpu power, split it and use 4 pins. It'll have 2 yellow and 2 black wires, 2 x 12v. and 2 grounds. If the board has an 8 pin socket, then use all 8.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimx133 View Post
Don't use the 4 pins from the 20+4 ATX power cable. The cpu power is a separate cable with a 4+4 configuration. If the motherboard has a 4 pin socket for the cpu power, split it and use 4 pins. It'll have 2 yellow and 2 black wires, 2 x 12v. and 2 grounds. If the board has an 8 pin socket, then use all 8.
Thanks for the reply, but I can't seem to locate the four pin you're discussing with me, unless I make up a combination of two pins (third picture from left). I'm trying to get a combination of four pins from the second picture from left to work, but doesn't seem to fit unless I'm not aligning it properly. The CPU power connection on the motherboard is only 4 pin, not 8. Hopefully, this image came out as the link didn't seem to work, but this is all that I have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

match them up here

https://www.playtool.com/pages/psucon...onnectors.html

Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai View Post
Thanks. I looked at my picture and then the pictures from your link, but it's hard for me to believe this particular power supply doesn't have a 4 + 4 pin cable connector. I just don't see it. When I get home tonight, I'll double check but the original picture I posted is all the connections this PSU has.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Good to hear you have it resolved:)
Closed Thread