Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

PC wont turn on at all (no leds no fans)

This is a discussion on PC wont turn on at all (no leds no fans) within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! First my build: * MOBO Gigabyte Sniper B7 v1. * Intel i5 6400. * MSI GTX 960 2GB. *

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

First my build:

* MOBO Gigabyte Sniper B7 v1.
* Intel i5 6400.
* MSI GTX 960 2GB.
* 16 GB ram 2166.
* PSU Corsair TX550M.

Now the issue. Yesterday I was using it normally as everyday, went away fromt it and when I came back it slept, and when I tried to wake it up by clicking the mouse it turned on back, but there wasnt any video signal on monitor. Tried to reset it pressing the reset button on case but still no power. I then powered it off by holding the power button but when I tried to turn it on again nothing happened; no fans no leds, nothing at all.

Tried turning off and on the switch on the back of the PSU, but still nothing. Something I noticed, when the ethernet cable is plugged to the back of the motherboard, if there is any energy on it there is a led indicating the network activity. WHen I turn the PSU switch off for a couple of seconds and then turn it on the network led on the MOBO comes up, however when I try to turn the PC on nothing works (no leds no fans) but the leds goes away, it dissapears.

So, something fishy is going on with the PSU or the MOBO.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

yes I think your correct in your assumption. It sounds like the PSU, but it could also be the motherboard, are you able to test or swap the PSU?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
are you able to test or swap the PSU?
Not really... well, I am just waiting for the one I ordered so it better be the PSU at fault! Haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Fingers crossed eh.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hey, just posting an update... I just got a new PSU (Seasonic G series 550w) and well... it turns it wasnt the PSU at fault, just my luck eh?, PC still not turning on, a friend of mine is lending a MOBO to test it later today, hopefully is that haha...
Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

That's very unfortunate. Maybe you can at least return the PSU?