Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

PC fails to start up, AT ALL.

This is a discussion on PC fails to start up, AT ALL. within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When i try to start my PC the LEDs in the PSU turn on for about one second and then

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

When i try to start my PC the LEDs in the PSU turn on for about one second and then fails to turn on. The fans, heatsink, and disk drive all start up for a split second, barely long enough to even notice, and then fails. Intel Core 2 Duo processor has had overheating issues in the past. The only variable since the successful boot was different RAM sticks. It did work about five minutes before this happened.

If specs are needed I will reply with them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Fakebird.

EDIT: PC that is having difficulty is running on XP SP2, not Win7 Beta.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

We definitely need the specs. Include the power supply brand name and wattage in these specs.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Unfortunately i lost my receipt and box the PSU came in. I will take it out and look it up for the specs. My case is a real hassle to work with, seems that someone thought putting power supply RIGHT next to the pump for the cooling system was a good idea. Either way i will get back to you with that ASAP. Thanks for the help,

-Fakebird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

If you simply take the side of the case off, the brand name and watts are right there on the side...should not have to remove anything.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Actually both sides of the case are off, the tubes from the pump and the wires coming off of it are blocking my view of the front. the side of it that's visible has no stickers or anything of the sort on it. The PC is not brand name and the frame of the case blocks the view of the only sides i can remember it having a logo or model number on while i was putting it in.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
Registered Member

okay so i finnaly got it out and ALL of the info was on the bottom.

raidmax rx-630a
atxi2v v2 01 switchingpowersupply max 630watts

the rest of the PC is
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel core2 duo 64bit processor
i dont remember what mobo its using.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Registered Member

the whole thing is a power hungry machine. the PSU it self has at least 2 LED fans in it. theres 3 large fans through out the rest of the PC and then it has to run the liquid cooling.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Troubled

OS: xp pro sp3, 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Server 2003, Server 2008, VMware vCenter Server

My System

Send a message via MSN to vladimirb Send a message via Yahoo to vladimirb Send a message via Skype™ to vladimirb

Is heat-sink on CPU dusted???
If it is, blow dust with compressed air...
remove heat-sink, remove old thermal paste from both CPU and heat-sink with alcohol and apply new thermal paste... Arctic Silver 5 would be the best choice for me...

https://www.arcticsilver.com/

Also, sort cables inside the case so air can flow in circle, not to be disrupted by cables...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

Well there is a bit of another problem with the processer. The pump in the cooling system died out at somepoint in time, but when i dont know. i could have been running it without any form of heatsink working for up to 3 or 4 months. one day it finnaly shutdown due to over heating. i took out the heat sink to see what was up and the processer was VERY hot, hot enough to burn someone.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Registered Member

and yes the WHOLE thing is very very dusty, a friend of mine stole it and it sat in a garage for half a year and i just recently got it back. its not in anything close to good condition.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member

The main issue is that i dont know exactly what part if not all are fail.
Closed Thread