User Tag List

OSD Lockout?

This is a discussion on OSD Lockout? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I've been having this problem for a while now, but it went away for a few days so I

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I've been having this problem for a while now, but it went away for a few days so I assumed the matter was resolved until it just started popping up again a few minutes ago, and it's now doing so every 20-30 seconds.

It's a small blue square in the center of the screen that pops up and it says "OSD Lock Out", followed by "Exit". I've read all the help articles about it and most of them say to hold down the power button or unplug my monitor, but unplugging the monitor doesn't fix it and the power button actually triggers it to reappear. None of the other keys on my monitor make it go away (they actually don't even work as far as I can tell), and they actually don't do anything so I'm guessing that a faulty monitor may be part of the problem. Even my power key doesn't do anything except made the OSD menu popup, but I can't interact with it in any way.

If anybody could clarify just what triggers the OSD Lockout screen and how I can make it stop popping up every few seconds, that'd be great, because it honestly seems random. I went like three days without seeing it and now it's popping up constantly with no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. Thanks.

P.S: I just checked my monitor cable (the blue on with the two pins holding it in place), and one of the pins is apparently cut off so it won't screw in...Not sure if that's important or not, but there it is).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

The reset procedure is to unplug the monitor then hold the power button down for longer then 30 seconds.

If that does not reset it and the video cable is tight on both the PC and monitor sides(Since you are missing a screw does it make any difference if you wiggle the cable when it pops up?) then I would say the monitor is failing, some have had luck with disconnecting the wires to the osd button on some brand monitors others not.

What brand and model is your monitor?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
Registered Member

the monitor is i-inc monitor thats all i know its aunties monitor and she has lost her book on it. tried pressing the the settings button but it still says lock out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi I don't know if this will work in your situation but it won't hurt to try How to Reset I-Inc Monitors | eHow
you might be able to find the model and possibly a manual here I-Inc USA Product Collections

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread