Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Orange Light of Death :(

This is a discussion on Orange Light of Death :( within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I have a Dell Optiflex 170l and I go to turn it on, but the power light stays

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all, I have a Dell Optiflex 170l and I go to turn it on, but the power light stays orange/amber.

I have tried replacing the power supply and the hard drives (a brand new HDD with a genuine copy of Windows XP on it). I also tried reseating memory, even two new memory chips but nothing worked.

I read somewhere about four lights on the back of the machine; A,B,C,D, next to where I plug the mouse & keyboard in but I'm not sure what these do... They are all off...

WHAT DO I DO NOW?!

Much appreciated once more!!

Peds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Emeritus

Dell Diagnostic Lights & System Lights
Documentation
No lights= No electrical power is supplied to the computer.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Psp 2000 orange light nightmare
Hey there again. This time my problem is with my Slim series, TA88V3 motherboard PSP. When I first got it, it ran and worked flawlessly. Half a year or so later, occasionally it would freeze . I thought okay, sure...annoying but why not? Then it just did that more and more until it did something...
Blackwing Console Gaming Support 17 02-04-2011 11:45 AM
Dimming 45FT of Rope Light
I plan on buying ennough rope light to line to perimeter of the ceiling. This is the rope light - 6.6 FT Flexible White LED Rope Light Party Xmas Easter - eBay (item 280384298182 end time Feb-02-11 18:26:14 PST) This is going to be in my mini home theater and thus i want to be able to dim...
nickg555 Home DIY Support 6 01-25-2011 05:12 PM
Ethernet port orange light is off
Hi.. I have a Neo GL31 laptop. I've noticed that i can't connect to the internet using cable because the orange light in the ethernet (internet) port is off, only the green light is blinking. Any idea how can i correct this?
kazuki001 Laptop Support 0 01-17-2011 11:55 PM
D-Link wireless router on virgin - Orange light for internet
Hola, I have a new D-Link DIR-615 wireless router and the internet light is orange and wont connect to the net. My laptop can connect to the router no problem but not the internet. The internet light is orange on the box but should be green. I dont have any problems connecting with my...
John D2 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 01-17-2011 06:17 AM
Computer fell over, not working now. Orange light.
So I was playing a game onn my PC, and I accidentally knocked it down. It immediately froze the image on the monitor, and the music stopped. When I opened the case, there was no obvious broken parts or cracks. There was a pair of RJ330 cables going from the motherboard, pinned near the power...
GevorgG Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 01-06-2011 10:52 PM