Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

not quite sure of battery type?

This is a discussion on not quite sure of battery type? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is a Hewlett*Packard*HP*Pavilion*dv6*Notebook*PC*Rev*1 System*Serial*Number:*CNF9436XB7 Enclosure*Type:*Notebook 2.10*gigahertz*Intel*Pentium*Dual*Core*T4300 Board:*Hewlett*Packard*3627*18.51 Serial*Number:*CNF9436XB7 And I am not entirely certain of the battery type I

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit Linux Mint 17.3 64 bit Mac OSX 10.6.8 (10K459)

This is a
Hewlett*Packard*HP*Pavilion*dv6*Notebook*PC*Rev*1
System*Serial*Number:*CNF9436XB7
Enclosure*Type:*Notebook

2.10*gigahertz*Intel*Pentium*Dual*Core*T4300
Board:*Hewlett*Packard*3627*18.51
Serial*Number:*CNF9436XB7

And I am not entirely certain of the battery type I need.
I attached a list of batteries from a PDF but I am not sure which one it is so if someone could maybe show me an example of what kind of battery I need like on Ebay to replace this with let me know because I think I ordered the wrong battery.
I ordered

HP 484170-001 Battery pack (Primary) - 6-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.2Ah, 47Wh

Attached is the PDF. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HP_NB_Battery_Compatibility_Chart.pdf (81.8 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Cheaper or third party batteries are not nearly as good as OEM ones. I do recommend that you buy a battery from HP instead.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

If this were an UPS, I'd say NEVER buy replacement batteries from the OEM. But with notebook batteries, I agree completely and recommend getting an original HP replacement.

This is not just to make sure the specifications are correct, but because cheap Li-Ion batteries can be extremely hazardous. Remember all those hoverboard fires before Christmas? It was because of cheap, poorly made batteries!

Don't risk burning your house down, and possible death of you are a loved one. Not worth it!

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search