Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

New ram, PC won't Post.

This is a discussion on New ram, PC won't Post. within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Heyas folks I decided to do some minor upgrades, but I'm having some problems. When i put the new ram

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Heyas folks I decided to do some minor upgrades, but I'm having some problems. When i put the new ram in, my pc just shows a blank screen. Pop just the old ram in and its fine. Tested each new stick separately in all my ram slots but both of them wouldn't work. Tried underclocking the ram, changing the timing and resetting the bios, but no luck. Also yea, the sticks are firmly in place.

Mobo: M4A785TD-V EVO
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A785TDV_EVO

New ram: 2x4gb G.Skill snipers
Amazon.com: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR: Electronics

Old ram:2x2gb G.Skill ripjaws
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Emeritus

If neither new stick will work in any of the Mobo slots the RAM is either faulty or your Mobo just doesn't like 4GB sticks. Problems with 4GGB sticks are not uncommon.
What made you decide to go with 8GB of RAM?
There are no games and few apps that can utilize over 3GB of RAM.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New RAM problems
I decided to upgrade the ram in my old PC from 1GB to 2GB. The ram I had was Corsair XMS3200 400Mhz 1GB but I know how mismatched memory can cause problems so I bought a new set of (2) Corsair XMS3200 400Mhz 1GB (each). Yes, I know it's the same thing but I wanted to be sure nothing had...
Maverickz RAM and Power Supply Support 17 09-11-2011 01:23 PM
Only 2 out of 4 ram slots are working.
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with my ram. Earlier today i was running on 3 Gig ddr2 ram using slots 1,2 and 3. (1gb per stick) I had another 1gb ddr2 stick that i wanted to add. When i was done, the pc would not boot up. Fans were running, but no post or beeps, just a black screen. After...
Mishque RAM and Power Supply Support 17 08-20-2011 12:35 PM
ASUS Sabertooth not seeing A Channel RAM
Hi all, First post to the forum, so hopefully I'll get this out OK. I have been running my ASUS Sabertooth X58 for about 5 months. It has operated flawlessly with an i7 940 CPU, 16 Gb 1600mhz RAM, and a ATI Radeon video card. Decided to upgrade the video card to crossfire and RAM to a...
sewflynwa Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 4 04-20-2011 02:12 PM
Bizzare Problem with RAM detection on asus motherboard
I'm not sure should I post this on Ram or motherboard thread but I'm sure admin will take care of that if this is posted in wrong place. Anyway to the problem. I'm having bit of a bizarre problem with bios not detecting all my ram. The mother board has 4 ram slots so from left to right it should...
Nevis RAM and Power Supply Support 6 03-04-2011 04:19 AM