Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Monitor Display turns off

This is a discussion on Monitor Display turns off within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My PC specs Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 Ghz Nvidia GTX 650 1 GB graphics card 2 GB DDR2

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 11:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

My PC specs
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 650 1 GB graphics card
2 GB DDR2 RAM

My problem-
I just added 2 GB DDR2 RAM to my original 2 GB RAM making it a total 4 GB (Both are transcend 800 speed)
Everything works fine but when I start any games like Total War Rome 2 OR War thunder, my monitor display turns off but my PC is still running. I have to restart my PC to Turn on the display again.
I did not have this problem with my original 2 GB RAM

If anyone wants any more details fell free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Please enter your system specs so we know what we are talking about. You do this via the User CP > Edit Options page.

Did you remove the two new sticks to see if the problem went away?

You might also swap monitors (after making sure all video and power cables, inside and out, are still securely connected) with another computer. If the problem follows your monitor to the 2nd computer, you know the problem is in your monitor and not the computer. If the 2nd monitor does the same thing on your computer, then you know the problem is in your computer.

While adding two more sticks of RAM typically does not require a bigger PSU, if your old PSU was already stretched thin, the additional demand could put it over the top, especially if getting old too (as PSUs get weaker over time).

Adding more hardware can also place increased demands on case and PSU cooling. So make sure everything is free of heat-trapping dust, and that all fans are spinning properly.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop screen turns off at certain angles
You know how your laptop turns the screen off when you close it to about 10 degrees or so? Well, the screen on my Acer V7 is also turning off at around 70-80 degrees. I open it, it turns on, I open it further, it turns off, I hope it past 80 degrees or so, it turns back on. Also, when the screen is...
Nevermore0 Laptop Support 4 10-04-2014 02:02 PM
Compaq Presario F700 turns off 1 second after I turn it on
I got this laptop from a friend and he told me that if I could fix it I could keep it. Said that "one day it just turned off" or something. It's charged completely but whenever I turn it on, it turns off very shortly after(1 sec. or so). Power light turns on, cd drive light turns on, and touchpad...
NoahVi Laptop Support 3 12-12-2012 05:13 AM
Computer turns itself off on normal mode, but doesn't turn itself off on safe mode.
Lately I have been having problems with my computer. It turns itself off (it doesn't say "Windows is shutting down..", it just dies.) when I am using it. It turns off after a few hours, sometimes after a few minutes. Then I would have to wait a few minutes until I can turn it on. Because it would...
computernoob777 Windows XP Support 2 08-01-2011 02:23 PM
Laptop turns off monitor when using WMP
I have an ASUS K42Jr laptop with ATI Radeon 5470. When i use Windows Media Player several times, like opening around 7 videos (like when Im checking my videos one by one), my laptop randomly turns off only the monitor/screen but I can still hear the fan and the power is still lit. One 'lucky'...
dzsoul Laptop Support 1 04-17-2011 02:30 PM
[SOLVED] Hardware issue randomly turns off
I have a HP Pavillion Slimline S7520n PC. It has 1 Gig of Ram, and about 150 Gig SATA hard-drive. The computer has this issue that whenever it turns on, be it a few seconds or a few minutes it inevitable just turns off without warning. I thought it was a problem with it over-heating. I took...
jm514 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 26 02-09-2011 03:23 PM