Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Mixing Brands

This is a discussion on Mixing Brands within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My mother-in-law has a Dell with this memory and I have never heard of them. I was wondering if anyone

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

My mother-in-law has a Dell with this memory and I have never heard of them. I was wondering if anyone knows if this brand is picky about mixing with another brand. I want to put a second stick of this in for her. Anyone even heard of Nanya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #2

Depends on what kind of dEll it is, some of them have become pretty picky about RAM. If it's not running in dual channel mode, you should be able to get away with it without a big performance hit. However, it's always advisable to go with the same vendor and part number for multiple module setups.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yeah, that is why I included the little tid bit about it being a "DELL". God I hate these things, I can never work on the newer ones for anyone since their hardware is so oddball. Thanks for your input, I was going to order the same brand just to be safe, and you're right, it's not worth risking for a few dollars less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #4

Yep I have that exact memory stick sitting in a box next to me. the Nanya stick came installed in my old motherboard when i bought my emachine computer (although i've upgraded so it has no use now).

As for buying Nanya RAM, that link would do it? Unless you don't want to buy from them.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help with mixing ram
laptop specs: hp pavilion dv5000 1.8 ghz amd sempron 128mb ati graphics card ( shared memory ) 768mb ram ( 512 + 256 ) 32 bit windows vista ultimate i just ordered 1gb of pc3200 crucial ram from newegg, and i 'd like to know if i should remove the 512 and 256 sticks and have just 1gb, or...
alloutalchemist RAM and Power Supply Support 4 04-05-2007 04:17 AM
Mixing memory brands
I am aware that slots of memory should be filled with sticks of the same speed and cl value. How important is it to have the same number of Mb in each stick and also how important is it to have the same brand of memory? (DDR type) Thanks, James
james41 Other Hardware Support 4 11-06-2006 12:59 AM
sata HD brands, and a question about RAID
I've been thinking about getting a sata hd and I'd like to get your opinions on the different brands - seagate, maxtor, wd, etc... Also, my mb has three built-in sata connectors, two for sata and one for sata II. According to the manual for my mb, the chipset used for two regular sata ports can...
Merick Hard Drive Support 2 09-24-2006 05:44 PM
please help me
hello and thanks in advance for any help. my computer is a mess since yesterday when i downloaded something off limewire- i know its my own fault. i get constant popups even when IE is not actively running. sometimes i get just sound without any windows even visually showing up. i am running...
skitzes Resolved HJT Threads 30 06-13-2006 06:26 PM
Please check my post for skitzes (MoralTerror)[Resolved]
skitzes https://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=102999 ---------------------------------- ---------------------------------- please help me hello and thanks in advance for any help. my computer is a mess since yesterday when i downloaded something off limewire- i know its my...
MoralTerror Resolved Back Me Up Threads 17 06-07-2006 07:52 AM