User Tag List

Meninspex

This is a discussion on Meninspex within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, My self-build (originally 2008 but upgraded in 2014) has died on me. First off the PSU died and appeared

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

My self-build (originally 2008 but upgraded in 2014) has died on me. First off the PSU died and appeared to kill the mobo as well. I've replaced both of these but the PC still won't go. When I push the power button the fans all start but then stop when a click comes from (I think) the PSU, another click and they start again and then repeat. There are no beeps and no action on the monitor. I've come to the end of my expertise and would really like some help on where to look first - or should I just abandon ship and start afresh!

Gigabyte GA-Z79P-D3 (new)
Intel i4130 CPU (2014)
Samsung 840 EVO SSD (2014)
Corsair CS550M PSU (new)
2 x 4GB DDR3 (2014)

Thaanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

SSDs can go all at once with no clicking or other warning. You'd have to test, probably externally. Data might be recoverable.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Test the bare essentials to see if the computer at least post. Disconnect everything and only re-connnect the PSU, Motherboard, CPU, one stick of RAM, and add-on video card. If you're using on-board video then disregard the add-on video card part.

It's possible that the PSU took out other parts such as the CPU and RAM in addition to the motherboard. Per my instructions, try testing one stick of RAM at a time.

Closed Thread