User Tag List

memory usage

This is a discussion on memory usage within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello, i've just been looking at everest and it's telling me out of my 1gb RAM 434mb(43%) are being used,

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #1

hello,
i've just been looking at everest and it's telling me out of my 1gb RAM 434mb(43%) are being used, is this normal? thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

That's normal if you have programs running.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete on your keyboard to bring up the Task Manager, click the Processes tab to see which programs are running and using the memory.

Go to Start > Run > msconfig > Startup tab to see which programs are loaded at startup. There may be some you don't need which can be disabled to speed up your startup time and free some RAM. Don't disable any unless you know what you're doing. If you want to post the list, we can advise you on which are required and which can be safely disabled.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Roaming To Help

For 1GB, 43% should be expected. Until you reach >85% usage, you're quite fine actually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #4

thankyou for the help people.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
98SE drivers wont work AC97 sound [RESOLVED]
Hi i have installed 98SE And don't have the computers sound drivers so i found the driver i needed off Driver guide.net and got the AC'97 drivers for 98 and now the sound still wont work. but it says its installed. Only the CD player has sound working nothing else?? please help thanks
Douglasfermie Win 98 & ME Support 15 05-02-2007 02:59 AM
Windows Memory Diagnostic or MemTest86?
I have two groups of PC's that FAIL both "MemTest86+ v1.65" and "MemTest86 v3.2". These same PC's PASS when running all tests under "Windows Memory Diagnostic". Gateway sent me some replacement memory, but there is no change in the test results after swapping memory. All of the PC's will fail...
3rd5th7th8th RAM and Power Supply Support 9 12-18-2006 05:16 AM
2 HDD & now I want 1
I had one WD 80GB IDE HD installed for quite awhile. As you know, it isn't big enough anymore. I bought a Seagate 300GB SATA drive, but kept getting contant reboots while accessing the the new drive. After going through tech support at Seagate, I was told to take the drive back to the store. I...
whammo Hard Drive Support 7 11-05-2006 02:40 PM
IST Surf Accuracy
hello i have a problem with IST Surf Accuracy. my anti-spyware programs Spysweeper and Ad-Aware detect it each time I do a scan, and I quarantine/delete it each time, but it keeps coming back everytime. Here's my logfile: (Thanks in advance for the help! =]) Victoria Logfile of HijackThis...
swtbeb4lyfe43 Inactive Malware Help Topics 39 09-14-2006 10:25 AM
Mozilla firefox infected, pop-ups eg www.ad-w-a-r-e.com and www.bigdiscountbuy.com
Hi I use mozila firefox and my computer runs on win98se, recently my computer has become infected with adware/malware and i am unsure of how to remove it. Spybot s&d removes most of these, but they reappear once i reboot the computer. my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved...
drakem126 Resolved HJT Threads 11 01-31-2006 07:59 AM