Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Lenovo H30 Slim Desktop - Adding Additional RAM

This is a discussion on Lenovo H30 Slim Desktop - Adding Additional RAM within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello TSF! I have this PC - Lenovo H30 AMD A8-6410 @ 2.0 GHz AMD R5 Graphics (On Board) 2GB

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to xtechnouser

Hello TSF!

I have this PC - Lenovo H30

AMD A8-6410 @ 2.0 GHz
AMD R5 Graphics (On Board)
2GB DDR3 1333 MHz Memory
80GB SATA HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

My question is that, if I will increase to 8GB RAM, will it process faster? On my current configurations, I experience freezing / lags. Although, basic Apps installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

8GB would help yes ... IF your system is running 64-bit Windows.

In Windows 7, click the Start button, right-click "Computer" and select "Properties". On the screen that comes up, what does it say to the right of "System type:" (near the middle, under "System").

If it says "64-bit Operating System", then yes, I'd max it out with 8GB of RAM as well as replace the old, slow spinner (HD) with a SSD.

Do both of those and the difference will be amazing.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
8GB would help yes ... IF your system is running 64-bit Windows.

In Windows 7, click the Start button, right-click "Computer" and select "Properties". On the screen that comes up, what does it say to the right of "System type:" (near the middle, under "System").

If it says "64-bit Operating System", then yes, I'd max it out with 8GB of RAM as well as replace the old, slow spinner (HD) with a SSD.

Do both of those and the difference will be amazing.
Thank you for the reply!

Sir, if I will be upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) @ 8GB RAM and 120GB SSD with 1TB HDD, will that be fine?

Is my R5 Onboard Graphics depends on the physical RAM itself? Like the shared memory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

1) Yes, although I've found 120GB to be a bit tight. 250GB or more works well.

2) Yes, integrated graphics utilize a portion of a computer's system RAM rather than dedicated graphics memory. (more info here)
Old 12-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
1) Yes, although I've found 120GB to be a bit tight. 250GB or more works well.

2) Yes, integrated graphics utilize a portion of a computer's system RAM rather than dedicated graphics memory. (more info here)
Thank you sir for the information!

Meaning to say that, my computers on-board graphics memory will also increase if I increase the RAM?

Currently, I have 256MB Graphics Memory on 2GB DDR3 RAM.
If I will go to 8GB, it could be 1GB Graphics right?
Old 12-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

Lenovo's spec sheet doesn't say. All it say is "AMD Radeon Graphics in processor, uses main memory, ...". It also then goes on to list some models like yours that come with various dedicated PCIe 2.0 graphics cards. Here's the page (PDF):

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/...H30-win487.pdf

(The bottom half is AMD).
Closed Thread