Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Laptop Charger Not Working

This is a discussion on Laptop Charger Not Working within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all. I got my Acer Aspire 5542 last Christmas and haven't had a problem with it until a few

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all. I got my Acer Aspire 5542 last Christmas and haven't had a problem with it until a few weeks ago. This is roughly about the time when my brother started to also use my charger on his laptop (I do not know if this caused the problem or not). For some reason, it won't charge properly. When the charge is half in, it will operate fine, even when I jiggle it about. But when it is fully in, it won't connect at all, even when jiggling. I've done the volt meter test and thats fine (I think) but it really doesn't look like there is anything wrong with the Jack. Is it possible that the switching about of charger has messed both up? Or is it the Jack or charger? Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

By last Christmas do you mean like a month and a half ago? If yes, it should be under warranty and I would send it in to get fixed. Same situation if you purchased an extended warranty of some sort.

It is not good to use a charger for a laptop unless that charger meets the specifications for that laptop. Not all chargers are made equally, and not all laptops have the same requirements, particularly the amperage they require to charge.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba laptop freezing when charger is pluggded in
I have a Toshiba Equium A200 that work excelent while on battery but the moment i plug in the charger it freezes. When the laptop is off and i try to power it on with the charger plugged in the power led turns and stays on but that's all that happens. Even in BIOS it freezes instantly when i plug...
radu andy Laptop Support 32 01-12-2012 11:01 PM
latop freezes when charger plugged in
https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/toshiba-laptop-freezing-when-charger-is-pluggded-in-540507.html Hi gavinzach I also have the same problem with my laptop. But the difference is that my laptop freezes sometimes and sometimes it restarts. I also read on internet about the steps of...
warsha Laptop Support 11 02-05-2011 06:18 AM
[SOLVED] Sony Vaio laptop, CD/DVD drive not working
I updated the driver even though it was working, and now the hardware isn't even showing up on my computer. I've tried to uninstall the driver multiple times, but every time I restart my computer it just re-installs the new driver and the CD/DVD drive won't read anything I put in it. ...
JTheDream Driver Support 2 02-02-2011 04:37 PM
Laptop keyboard not working
Ok i own Fujitsu Siemens AMILO notebook pa 3515 laptop. So recently i have this problem that is driving me mad. After i type password and login, if my laptop is charging, the keyboard stops working(touchpad also). This is when im only charging my laptop. The problem is getting worse. Now i cant...
RosenValkov Laptop Support 10 01-31-2011 07:14 AM
Spilt drink on Samsung Q70 laptop... keyboard not working
A few nights ago I spilt a glass of red wine on my Samsung Q70 laptop, running Vista. It spilt on the left side of the laptop, covering about 1/5 of of the keyboard. As I was trying to clean it up, it shorted out and I wasn't able to start it again until the next morning. I started it in safe...
ed7501 Laptop Support 1 01-18-2011 08:07 PM