Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

KVR800D2N6/4G wont work

This is a discussion on KVR800D2N6/4G wont work within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys, if someone can help me i would really appreciate it. So my MOBO is Asus p5ql-e. In their

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello guys, if someone can help me i would really appreciate it.

So my MOBO is Asus p5ql-e. In their official list the model i bought is fine. Maximum GB for Mobo are 16GB.

So i bought a set of this RAM here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-m%...72.m2749.l2649

when i install the ram and open my computer i get a blue screen and a restart.

my previous ram that work fine are a set of KVR800d2n5/2g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Where you using the same slots with your old RAM? If so and had no problems, then it would appear your new RAM is bad. Try one stick at a time.

You might want to sure you have the latest BIOS update for your board.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Old 03-24-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
Registered Member

I tried every possible combination.

When i have only one new ram placed my pc starts with the beep sound but i have a permanent black screen. When i place 2 of the new ram i reach the point when windows are starting, get a blue screen and my pc restarts.

In the link from ebay that dude stated for AMD only but i have intel. Although i have never experienced a matter like this. A ram that is suitable only for AMD and not intel. After all why ASUS in their list include this code of RAM?

P.S Thanks for helping me :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
Visiting Tech

My System

Quote:
In the link from ebay that dude stated for AMD only but i have intel.
After all why ASUS in their list include this code of RAM?
I can only guess the RAM is used and the seller tried it and found out it only works with AMD - though I also don't understand why.

That said, since that model is specifically listed on the motherboard's QVL (which I verified here), it should work. I would send it back to the seller as faulty.

Then perhaps check out the Crucial Memory Advisor. You don't have to buy from Crucial but if you do buy suggested RAM from them, they guarantee it will work.

How much RAM do you currently have installed? And what version of Windows are you using? Understand if using a 32-bit version of Windows, the maximum amount of RAM supported is only 4GB and unfortunately, some of that will be lost due to memory mapping, typically taking your "usable" RAM down to around 3.2GB. If you are using integrated graphics, then another chunk of RAM will be stolen... err... "shared" for graphics processing. In that case, you might be better off just getting a budget graphics card. Not only is it likely the card will have a better graphics processor, but it will come with its own dedicated RAM on the card optimized for graphics processing. And the bonus is, that previous "shared" RAM will be freed up, giving you a little increase in RAM in the process.

If you get a more advanced card, just remember that graphics processors are often the most power hungry devices in our computers, so with a more powerful card, you may need a bigger power supply to support it.

In any case, since this system is getting pretty old, I would not invest too much money in it.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

i will try to find a friend of mine with ddr2 ram and AMD so i can check out first if it works. I hope not so i can send it back to the seller.

I already checked the things you said i.e I have 64 bit windows 7 so this was not the case. I have the nvidia gt640 graphic card and the motherboard does not have a VGA exit.

I had in mind to "revive" the pc with as much ram as i can and an SSD . I spent 50 euro for the ram and the SSD cost around 100 euro so its a fair price to postpone the inevitable :D

i'll keep you posted when i will try to pair the RAM with AMD!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #6
Visiting Tech

My System

Check that same QVL page above for compatible CPUs before you try to mount your friends CPU on your board to make sure it is compatible.

Closed Thread