Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Just installed new PSU, looping problem.

This is a discussion on Just installed new PSU, looping problem. within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently purchased a new power supply (LSP 550W pro) because my old one wasn't powerful enough for my graphics

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently purchased a new power supply (LSP 550W pro) because my old one wasn't powerful enough for my graphics card to work at full capacity. I did a lot of research, and installing a new power supply didn't seem too complicated so I did it myself.
I disconnected my old PSU, fastened the new one in, connected the 24 prong and the 4 prong(square shape) to the motherboard, 6 prong to my graphics card, and the sata cable to my hard drive.

After turning on the PC it began to boot as normal, but got to the screen (noob incoming) where it shows your Processor specs and Ghz, and then my computer restarted itself. It loops this way until you force crash it or disconnect the power.
I have no idea what could be wrong, I'm pretty sure I didn't knock anything out of place while putting the new PSU in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

lsp are not a recommended brand

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
Emeritus

I seriously doubt that PSU has sufficient power. LSP are petty low quality.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem detecting OS setup / configuration
Hey everyone, Long time lurker first time poster. I came to you because what Im experiencing using my current installation of Windows XP is completely out of my league, and Id really appreciate your help on this once since its something thats been bothering me for a year. Windows XP:s (in...
Kuroko Windows XP Support 8 02-06-2011 09:02 AM
PSU or Mobo problem in freshly built computer
Ok, so my desktop PC isn't freshly built as in months, days, or weeks, but I did built it in September 2008, only to deal with so many problems the next few months afterward with freezing (even with a completly reformatted harddrive, reinstall of Windows XP, and even after I recently installed...
abraxas0 RAM and Power Supply Support 9 01-28-2011 03:39 PM
adapter problem adapter not installed
i reviewed past posts about adapter issues and tried to use the same help methods but no results.Can some one please help me with my issue on a Dell D630 Win-Xp PRO.I've tried everything still no luck.
Mrjeffery Driver Support 1 01-15-2011 01:15 PM
Desktop fried, bought new PSU, won't start. Help??
I'm kinda stuck here - my homemade rig is kaput and need help getting it started again. Original problem was that after moving it and hooking it up again I would hit the power switch and get absolutely no response. Opening the case I saw the mobo LED solid-on. If I hit the rocker switch on the...
korbitz Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 01-08-2011 02:03 PM
Laptop automatic shutdown problem
Dear all, Happy new year! My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5502WXMi machine with Intel Pentium M processor, it has 1 GB DDR2 RAM and 64MB VRAM. OS is windows xp. For last couple of years, I am using this computer very smoothly. But recently, the laptop started to shutdown automatically...
jaywalk Laptop Support 1 01-07-2011 10:37 PM