Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

ITX case with included power supply is DOA

This is a discussion on ITX case with included power supply is DOA within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Information: Silverstone SG06 ITX case with non-working FSP 300W power supply. I just started doing a build in the ITX

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Information: Silverstone SG06 ITX case with non-working FSP 300W power supply.
I just started doing a build in the ITX form factor. I got the Silverstone SG06S which comes with a 300W power supply. After putting it all together I noticed none of the fans would come on, so I spent an extra 2 hours troubleshooting everything I knew to see if I did anything wrong (and I didn't). So finally I decided that it was the power supply do to the fact that none of the fans would spin.
Then from my main computer I hooked in the 24 pin plug from its power supply into my ITX board (along with the needed 4-6 pin plug needed for the CPU).
The CPU's heatsink and chassis fan started spinning, so it was indeed the Power supply.

My question is this: How should I go about returning it, I really don't want to have to return the case too. I bought the case off from Amazon.com, and I don't see anything about partial returns and on Silverstone's website they say if it's under 30 days that I should be dealing with the retailer that I bought it from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Emeritus

Anything purchased as a unit commonly requires everything included to be returned.
Note: those small cases are very difficult to keep cool and there is no good quality PSU with sufficient quality/power that will fit in them.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

I would suggest you contact the manufacturer. If you got it from newegg, provide the transaction or order number.

If they aren't a bad company, they might ship you out a new power supply. Else, you may just have to ship back the case, which I wouldn't, if I have to pay for shipping
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer freezes due to bad power supply?
Sorry if this is very similar to other posts. I have done my research and I believe my problem is due to a bad power supply, but I just want to confirm since the one I bought is known for being very reliable. I built my first computer about a year and a half ago, running Windows 7. Lately my...
weston_skye BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 05-20-2012 12:37 PM
No Power to Mobo After Case Switch
I switched computer cases recently for my desktop and since I moved everything into the new case, it will NOT turn on. I have everything hooked up correctly, I checked everything with the manual to the nForce 680i SLI I have. The Power Supply - a OCZ 700W - gets power because I can hear it...
bgallz Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 54 01-18-2011 08:00 AM
Want to Build a New Intel or AMD System / Revised 2012 and updated regularly
https://i.imgur.com/puBh9u1.png https://i.imgur.com/TTntwDe.pngPlease note that this post is out of date! Please review our newest and always up-to-date thread here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/tsf-hardware-teams-recommended-builds-2013-a-668661.html
linderman Building 1 01-11-2010 05:08 AM
Pending: Power Supply Information and Selection
CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must be evaluated...
Tumbleweed36 Dead-Sea Scrolls 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM