Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Is this RAM compatible? (Thank you)

This is a discussion on Is this RAM compatible? (Thank you) within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I purchased a computer through cyberpower but they've been very difficult in answering RAM questions. I originally had

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I purchased a computer through cyberpower but they've been very difficult in answering RAM questions. I originally had two 4gb ram sticks put in, but I'd like to move up in the world from 8gb to 16gb.

I found two RAM options I like that are VERY similar.

Question 1) Are either (or both) of these okay to put in my system?
Question 2) Which is better to get? The only difference seems to be one has lower latency (I think I read that is a good thing?) but reviews aren't as good.

Thank you in advance for anyone's input!

Below are the links to the two RAM options from New Egg and then underneath are my specs.

---
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820232505

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820232546

---

Specs: ( I copied them from my invoice when I purchased the pc )

RAM in the computer now: (will remove if I need to)

RM-601-101 4GB DDR4-2400 MEMORY (2 of these)

Mother Board:

MB-454-106 ASROCK X370 KILLER SLI AC AM4 ATX W/RGB CROSSFIRE SLI

CPU:

CU-155-202 OEM AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHZ(3.8GHZ TURBO) 8-CORE 16M 1 1,117.00 1,117.00
B L3 CACHE AM4 95W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Either one should work for you.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC not booting sometimes and ram detection problem...
Hi :cry:yesterday i built my new PC, im having serious problems with it so im asking for help in here before taking the parts back to the shops (i dont want to do that, since it takes weeks before they give me an answer if what is wrong is the motherboard, the rest may be a bit faster.) Anyways,...
roarluz Motherboards, Bios & CPU 6 01-10-2012 04:17 PM
Don't know If my Ram is compatible with mb
Hi, I just got a new motherboard to replace my burnt out one, but I'm not sure if the Ram I also bought is compatible. The motherboard is Asus m5a78l-m lx and the Ram is 1 stick of 4gb Corsair xms3 cmx4gx3m1a1333c9. I looked at the Ram compatibility chart and its not listed, even though the...
82DannyB RAM and Power Supply Support 5 12-30-2011 05:28 AM
My PC recognizes my HDD as a CD-ROM drive
Iím an IT intern at a small organization. Weíve upgrading the operating systems on several of the PCs. Iím trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 from a thumb driveís setup file on one particular PC. ( The PC only has a CD-ROM drive so I canít use the installation DVD. ) The other specs...
GuywithaPC Hard Drive Support 9 12-26-2011 09:20 AM
[SOLVED] Computer unbelievably slow, will more RAM fix it?
My computer is extremely, extremely slow, for example opening the Windows Calculator can take 30 or more seconds, so just imagine how slow doing actual work is. When I built the computer I intentionally built it with too little RAM to save money to upgrade it later which I still have never done....
aab1 RAM and Power Supply Support 24 07-01-2011 01:07 AM
Selecting RAM for your Laptop
Introduction: The type of RAM a laptop takes can usually be determined by what processor it has. The processor is always easy to tell, to find out, download a free utility called PC Wizard. This utility will tell you your information about your computer, including your CPU and its model number....
TheMatt Laptop Support 1 11-26-2006 11:25 AM