Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

I uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter driver by accident, PC won't start. HELP!

This is a discussion on I uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter driver by accident, PC won't start. HELP! within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I followed some stupid advice and uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter driver, now my PC won't start. Absolutely nothing happens when

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

I followed some stupid advice and uninstalled Microsoft AC Adapter driver, now my PC won't start.

Absolutely nothing happens when i plug in the power source with or without battery, or just he battery alone.

I had no issues prior to being advised to remove my Microsoft AC Adapter drive, except for my battery saying it was not charging. The advice i received included removing Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery the Microsoft AC Adapter drive.

Now I know it should have only been the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing.

The question is, how do i solve this? how do i get my laptop to boot up again so i can install my Microsoft AC Adapter drive? Bit of a chicken and the egg situation but desperate fro a solution.

Laptop is Windows 10, upgraded from Win 7:
HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Processor type: Intel (R) i5-4200u [email protected]
Memory 8GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You say it won't start, does it not even turn on?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Old 06-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes, that's correct. nothing, nada.

I've tried the holding down the power button for a couple of minutes after unplugging the battery and power source to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
You say it won't start, does it not even turn on?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

This is the video that i followed.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #5
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Then sounds like a hardware component has failed in your machine.

Is laptop getting power?
Old 06-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

Solved!

I found out what was wrong.

Yesterday, I had a new keyboard installed as one of the keys was faulty.

While thinking about what could have gone wrong, I remember watching the technician "connect" the keyboard and how fidgety a job it was for him to slide in the connector.

Then i thought, maybe with me flipping the laptop around a few times to remove the battery, it may have dislodged something, so I carefully removed the keyboard myself, and boom there it was, the connection was loose. The clip which is supposed to hold it down was not closed properly, and as soon a i lifted up the keyboard, the power source sprang into life.

So my conclusion is that the keyboard connection,which is a flat piece of plastic with embedded circuits (I know, layman's terms), was causing some kind of short, or bad connection.

Now everything is okay again.

Thank you for your help in trying to figure this out, and my apologies for wasting your time.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #7
Visiting Tech

My System

Quote:
and my apologies for wasting your time.
Are you kidding? It was a learning experience for everyone that you took the time to share with everyone. IMO, any time something is learned, it is a good use of time. Thanks especially for posting the solution.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thanks mate, you're right. It just felt like one of those duh moments! :-)

Still have the issue with my battery, but leaving that for now... just glad to have my laptop back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Bright View Post
Are you kidding? It was a learning experience for everyone that you took the time to share with everyone. IMO, any time something is learned, it is a good use of time. Thanks especially for posting the solution.
Closed Thread