Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

HP PSU upgrades Z230 Z240 to 500W 18pin

This is a discussion on HP PSU upgrades Z230 Z240 to 500W 18pin within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We have some HP Z towers (Z230 & Z240) that wish to put an upgraded graphics card and it needs

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

We have some HP Z towers (Z230 & Z240) that wish to put an upgraded graphics card and it needs greater PSU than the lowly HP unit. Problem is that HP in their wisdom have an 18pin PC1 cable connector on the m/board compared to the 24pin of newer PSU replacement units. Any ideas on adaptors or the like to solve?! TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #2
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

No promises but: https://www.amazon.com/Eyeboot-18-Pi.../dp/B01HQ2JQ3G

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Old 08-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Bright View Post
Thanks for trying Bill but EyeBoot says these aren't compatible as diff board make up and they don't produce such a cable. I'm getting same response on Aliexpresd from suppliers too.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] PSU replaced, BIOS won't read SATA drives, then strange power issue
Synopsis: PSU died, replaced PSU with different model, system boots to bios successfully but does not recognize any devices in SATA ports, nor do those devices appear to be getting power. Now can't even get to BIOS, entire PC flicks on and off repeatedly as soon as I turn the PSU on regardless of...
nstiver Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 10-22-2012 11:56 AM
Is my PSU good to go for future upgrades?
Hi I was just wondering if my PSU was up for overclocking/upgrading and how much wiggle room I have for power needs. This is my system: PSU Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply CASE...
Abramskitten RAM and Power Supply Support 12 06-04-2012 08:03 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM