Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

help with Upgrade laptop's RAM

This is a discussion on help with Upgrade laptop's RAM within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! I have an Asus K52JR-SX101D notebook with 2GB memory installed. I want to buy some more RAM, but i

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!
I have an Asus K52JR-SX101D notebook with 2GB memory installed. I want to buy some more RAM, but i dont know which is the strongest memory i can install in the notebook.
My purpose is to improve the performance to play newer games.
I know that the notebook can handle up to 8gigs ram, but im not sure if i can install 1600Mhz RAM.
Please help me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Emeritus

Use Crucial's site to determine what and how much RAM you can use. RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com
There RAM is the best choice for OEM units to help insure compatibility.
It would be best to replace your existing RAM with all Crucial to avoid any compatibility issues also.
It can usually be purchased from other outlets for a lesser price.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No boot after RAM upgrade
I think this is a BIOS rather than RAM issue... (And I have searched various threads for a similar problem) I'm running a NEC Powermate ML7 H3003 (about Nov 2005 vintage) using XP Media center Edition (SP3) Athlon 64 3200+ It came with 2x samsung 512MB PC3200. I tried to upgrade with 4 x 1...
kao16 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 9 09-27-2011 06:24 AM
Lenovo Thinkpad R61i upgrade- is RAM upgrade enough?
Hi, I have an oldish Lenovo Thinkpad R61i (7650 model), with 1GB ram, a 1.8ghz dual core Pentium, and windows 7. It runs nicely when just web browsing etc but cannot handle multi tasks, lags too long when opening windows explorer etc to be used as a main machine. I am selling my high spec...
jsnodin Laptop Support 1 08-14-2011 12:27 PM
ram upgrade
I have a HPE 410 Y computer and I've been doing some upgrading to make it better for gaming. I wanted to upgrade the ram also but I know ram has to be compatible with the motherboard in order for it to work. Below is what I'm thinking of getting and below that is a list of compatablity for ram...
Slickrick214 RAM and Power Supply Support 2 08-06-2011 08:35 AM
No longer get TV tuner signal after 8 GB ram upgrade
I just upgraded from 2 GB to 8 GB RAM, everything worked great until I opened my TV software and it said it wasn't detecting a video signal from my cable. So I figured I must have moved a connection so I check every cable connection, even replace it with a brand new cable, and the best I can get...
aab1 RAM and Power Supply Support 15 06-28-2011 12:57 PM
[SOLVED] Ram Upgrade Questions for 2 Dell Inspiron Laptops
My primary laptop is an Inspiron 9300 it had two 256MB sticks in it but one went bad so I figure I should upgrade it. HYS64T32000HDL-3.7-A A4E52231 256 MB 1Rx16 PC2-4200S-444-11-C0 What's the max I can go? How can I find that out? The other laptop is a Inspiron 5100. Can I use the good...
GenghisTron RAM and Power Supply Support 3 02-07-2011 05:37 PM