Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Help knowing my wattage on PSU

This is a discussion on Help knowing my wattage on PSU within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys this honestly is a dumb question but people are saying there is a sticker on the back of

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys this honestly is a dumb question but people are saying there is a sticker on the back of your PC/PSU area that tells you the ammount of wattage you have on your PSU.
Example:N450 that symbolises 450 watts of power, But mine sais N13461 and I really dont know what this means, please help.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

somewhere on the PSU there should be a large sticker with manufacturer name and other information on it. On many OEM PSUs, they don't have a simple '450 watts', instead they'll break it down by the rail +12v, -12v 5v 3.3v etc.

Aftermarket supplies will normally have the wattage prominently displayed on them.

Often have to remove the supply in order to see that label.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You need to tell us about this computer. When I plug N13461 power supply into Google, I get hits on a notebook power supply/charger, not a PC.

The computer (PC or notebook) will not have the necessary information. You need to look on the power supply itself.

Or tell us about your computer (brand and model number). If you also tell us why you are looking for this information, we may be able to help there too.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible PSU issue - desperate need of some advice :)
Ok, I recently build my system, however the budget was limited so I went cheap for the first PSU - terrible mistake, as the second morning the entire rig didn't power up. Exchanged the PSU for a new one, Intertech Combat Edition modular. (I didn't know much about PSU's at the time and was in a...
Vaseer_G RAM and Power Supply Support 5 10-14-2013 02:23 PM
[SOLVED] Graphics card or PSU problem?
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could help me. Me PC for the last couple of days has been crashing (mostly while gaming) and I'm not sure if the problem is caused either by the Graphics card or PSU. Here are my system specs (self-built): PNY GeForce 9800 GX2 Unbranded (was pretty...
Tom1122 Video Card Support 5 07-18-2011 10:03 AM
new PSU won't turn on.
Is there something I must do for a brand new PSU to turn on? Like simply plugging in the power cord, wait a few minutes or so till enough power is collected in the psu? Well I just plugged in my PSU earlier today after receiving it a few days ago after plugging in the power cord. I've tried several...
heyitskin RAM and Power Supply Support 8 01-01-2011 08:03 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM