Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Help!!! Computer freeze with screeching sound!

This is a discussion on Help!!! Computer freeze with screeching sound! within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay i need your help. Suddenly my pc has startet to just freeze, displaying black on the screen and making

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #1

Okay i need your help.
Suddenly my pc has startet to just freeze, displaying black on the screen and making a high pitched screeching sound!

it happens randomly, thou it seems to happen when i try to open a program!

the color of the screen varies, mostly black but it was red once and yellowish another time.

the crashing varies from time to time. sometimes it can run for hour and hours, and sometimes it simply takes 2 mins, or just entering windows!

1 time was on youtube, and during the screeching crash, the audio from the clip still playe, alongside the MB sound.

ive tried to put the Ram blocks in all positions available. so take one out, try that in both places etc. and nothing helps. right now i can only make it into wondows, then it just ***** up

it seemed to occur as well when. after i put it together and turned it on, it would crash when i tried to put on the cabinet side!

so i think it can either be the ram blocks or some sort of psu shortcut somewhere, maybe a cord or so setting of some static discharge?

its an asus striker MB. 2gb corsair ram and the psu is a coolermaster 1000w.

please if anyone can help.. please.. frustrating -.-

thanks

oh yeah its been working perfectly for over a year and a half. no changes whatsoever..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

you need to try and isolate where it is coming from

fans
drive

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

https://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Closed Thread