Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

hello can somone help me thats good with building gaming computers

This is a discussion on hello can somone help me thats good with building gaming computers within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have only just found out why my computer is doing so bad frame rate anyway my computer has a

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have only just found out why my computer is doing so bad frame rate anyway my computer has a 230 watt psu I didn't put it in I want to get my computer working with a good power supply and possibly put more stuff in it in the future ,

I have a fx4130 quad core 3.8 ghz processor
a gtx 630 - 4gb edition that requires 300watt to run
6 fans - 1 lights up
hdd 1tb but I want to change it to ssd
two disk trays
x2 8gb rams
a lot of usb stuff to power
I want it to have power to run and abit to upgrade in the future can anyone tell me what watt psu I need for this and I will spend like 90 max

many thanks levireid

oh and I'm trying to play day z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Something like a XFX or Seasonic branded 550W PSU will do the job well. Antec and EVGA makes some okay units as well, but ask about those brands before picking one up.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Have a go with one of this PSU calculators....this will give you a general idea on total wattage needed.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Cooler Master: Power Supply Calculator

https://us.msi.com/power-supply-calculator

Newegg.com - Recommended Power Supply Calculator.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] I'm building a Gaming PC
Hello! I am building my first gaming PC on PortaTech using Barebones computers and I was wondering if these specs look good for gaming? Barebones w/ Intel Core i7 (Socket 2011) w/ Core i7 4930K (6 x 3.9GHz CPU-12MB Cache) Asus P9X79 LE Systems - Cooling Package 1 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (1...
FstSergeant8595 Building 5 11-04-2013 05:14 AM
[SOLVED] Is this good for gaming?
Hi, A friend of mine wants a gaming PC. He was wondering if this is good enough for playing games and he doesn't really want to spend more than 400. AMD Showdown 6Core Gaming PC - AMD Gaming PC Can anyone suggest a good build or say if this is any good? Thanks.
huggies12345 Building 6 07-15-2013 10:11 AM
Good Gaming PC?
Hi, so im going to build my own gaming PC, but im verybad at judging the best price to performance ratio and making good builds in general so i found this buiild online. What do you guys think of it? -Case: APEX TX-381-C Black Steel Micro ATX Tower Computer Case 30$ Newegg.com - APEX...
Wisler444 Building 5 08-07-2012 07:53 PM
Is this pc good enough for modern gaming.
So I have no knowledge about PC gaming other than very basics (I know what Ram is and other basics.) and I have no DIY skills so I wouldn't be confident building my own PC. I saw this cheap Rig available on several sites but cheapest on eBay. The link is hereGalaxy 3 AMD FX Quad Core 3.6Ghz Desktop...
Greed378 PC Gaming Support 3 08-07-2012 02:39 PM
New to building high-end gaming rig...
Hello all, I am really new to custom building gaming pcs and I am in need of desperate help. For most of my life I have been purchasing pre-built pcs and after a major disappointment of performance and cost with my current Alienware pc, I am looking to attempt building my own. The downside, I...
marshallorama Building 5 01-16-2011 01:58 PM