Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

hdmi blew my power supply!help

This is a discussion on hdmi blew my power supply!help within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I just plugged an hdmi cable into my laptop and connected it to a tv. The laptop was

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

I just plugged an hdmi cable into my laptop and connected it to a tv. The laptop was already on and running fine,though as soon as I plugged in my charger cable a pooof! And a spark!..the charger plug was frazzled and a burning smell came from it. I turned the laptop off immediately after this and then on again to make sure it was still working and after several tries it turned on but told me the battery wasnt in correctly..I'm pretty sure it was a hardware fault with the charger but I really have no idea about this stuff so any help would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Emeritus

Most likely the AC adapter also damaged the battery when it shorted/failed.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Power Supply issue?
Hi, I've been having some issues with my PC recently. First of all, I would try to start a video game, in this case, StarCraft II, and it would freeze the PC, so I would have to hit the reset button on the computer. Problem is, I noticed it turned off the computer instantly, without restarting...
Alex_06 RAM and Power Supply Support 9 10-10-2011 11:00 PM
HP DeskTop Motherboard and PS won't Power On
HP DeskTop Motherboard and PS won't Power On Hello, I am new to this forum and also troubleshooting motherboards. I've done some on-line research and tried a few recommended steps. The desktop is a: HP Pavilion Media Center a1640n - 2006
grapture Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 10-09-2011 11:36 PM
Cant tell if my motherboard or power supply is bad
OCZ GameXstream 700 W Power Supply ASUS P5N-D Motherboard So I took my custom PC apart today to clean all the dust out and also double check some connections. I noticed a week or so ago that if I would slightly move my tower, the lights on my internal fans would flicker as if they were...
acdougla17 RAM and Power Supply Support 5 08-21-2011 09:55 AM
[SOLVED] PCI power query
I am an architect with only 'make it up as you go along' system building knowledge so bear with me. I have acquired a second hand dell precision 490 with 2 dual core xeon processors to test 64 bit os for running CAD, and am trying to replace the installed NVS285 graphics card with a Quadro FX...
sarachelle Video Card Support 5 05-25-2011 04:09 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM