Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

H170 Pro Motherboard/ I7-7700k/GTX 1070/Prebuilt but upgrading/ New Ram won't boot

This is a discussion on H170 Pro Motherboard/ I7-7700k/GTX 1070/Prebuilt but upgrading/ New Ram won't boot within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently tried installing new ram into my H170 Pro motherboard it is DDR4 3000MHz, 8GBx2. The old memory is

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently tried installing new ram into my H170 Pro motherboard it is DDR4 3000MHz, 8GBx2. The old memory is DDR4 2400MHz, 8GBx1. The CPU is a Intel I7 7700k, GPU is GTX 1070 running Windows 10 64 bit. I had already upgraded bios to newest version for the I7 install. I turned off computer, flipped power supply switch and took out power cord. I didn't reset CMOS the first time because I didn't know if it was necessary. After taking out old DDR4 and installing new (yes it was seated properly) i tried turning on computer. Everything started up, fans, GPU fans, LED, except for monitor, mouse and keyboard have no signal. I then tried putting back the old DDR4 to see if that would remedy, (did not). I did more research and found the way to reset the CMOS on my motherboard. I tried the whole process over again this time resetting CMOS with screwdriver. Please help those who know more than me. I'm still learning the in's and out's of computers and have reached a dead end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

addition info***
Now that I have reset my CMOS, through screwdriver and taking out battery, could a reason it doesn't boot now is because the BIOS version is out of date. When I changed from I5 to I7 I had to update bios because it wouldn't boot, as soon as I did that the I7 booted. So does the fact that I reset CMOS change the BIOS setting to the previous version making the boot issue with the CPU and not the RAM? Again TY for any helpful responses, I'm trying to do research on any other options myself as well.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

SOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Quote:
SOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD
That's great but please understand the purpose of forums like Tech Support Forum is to share what we know and have learned so others can learn and benefit from our experiences.

Telling us you solved it without telling us what was wrong or how you solved it serves no one, but you. :(

So please! What was wrong and how did you fix it?

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread