Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Gaming Pc slowing down on start up

This is a discussion on Gaming Pc slowing down on start up within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. good day every one, i have this problem for a month now, i bought an alien ware pc here in

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

good day every one,
i have this problem for a month now, i bought an alien ware pc here in japan
with
8gb ram
660gtx nvidia vcard
i5 intel processor.
2tb memory hdd
it was actually pretty fine until last month, normally my pc on start up doesnt take much time to load my desktop, but now it takes about aminute to load everything in my desktop, and on top of that when i refresh the desktop it gets more slower, by the time it loads everything the game went fine but still im worried about its performance on starting up, how can i speed it up back to how fast it normally was before?
any ideas guys? please help,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Emeritus

First thought when a PC slows down is too many apps set to load on boot, that don't not need to load on boot, and/or infection(s).
Too many apps loading on bot is a very common occurrence on a new PC as programs are added and especially on OEM units that come with loads of software pre-loaded. It is not uncommon for those pre-loaded apps to expire in 30 days but they're still there and running.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to open programs
Good Morning, A friend called me the other night. He was unable to open any programs on his PC. Gets a message like: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Click help for more information error code 0x80070424". I picked it up from him and tried to install Anti...
mrmuggyd Resolved HJT Threads 28 02-27-2013 02:34 PM
[SOLVED] ''Unable to start - start up repair''
Hello, i downloaded Comodo CIS yesterday (after uninstalling Avira) with no problems, but this morning my Acer One d270 was unable to start giving a black screen, and i clicked enter on the option to use ''Start up repair'', which only seemed to show the following ; ''Unspecified change to...
acenodriver BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 12-20-2012 07:55 AM
Avast says 'it blocked a malicious URL, but??
Hi. Thank you in advance for all your help. I had not used my Acer laptop for a month, and I guess my Avast was not up to date. I had visited my usual sites (crateand barrel, cb2, westelm, bank, hotmail etc), and this morning it took forever to get the computer going and then it said 'Avast...
Ayayay Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 06-02-2012 04:41 AM
Prob with dds.scr and gmer.
Hi, I am running win 7 64 Bit, I see that GMER is for 32 bit only and DDS I tried to run and it says it's not supported by this operating system. Any Ideas, I just would like you guys to check the systems on one of my Laptops, I do have a a Hijack log.
JOE.G Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 25 02-01-2012 06:33 PM
Virus/Trojan/spyware
I keep getting popups telling me to scan my computer, it's infected with trojans and malware. I didn't click on anything but I really don't know how long this has been happing because my grandaughter and husband use the computer everyday. My husband told me he was getting pop ups and that we needed...
kmel2u Resolved HJT Threads 29 12-18-2011 08:23 PM