Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 ram problem

This is a discussion on Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 ram problem within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I just replaced my ram on my inspiron mini from 1 gb to 2 which is the maximum it

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I just replaced my ram on my inspiron mini from 1 gb to 2 which is the maximum it can take now my mini recognizes the new ram but says only 1 gb of the 2 is usable I'm not quite sure why would say that im running windows 7 starter which came with the mini would anyone know why exactly it wont use the whole 2gb of ram? any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Emeritus

Brand/specs of the new RAM? It's not uncommon for OEM Mobo's to have issues with RAM. Crucial is the best brand choice for OEM.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell inspiron 1545 screen problem?
Dell inspiron 1545 screen problem? there is a problem with my laptop screen.I can here the os loading and I can here the windows logon sound,but display is totally white.I have posted a photo of my screen https://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad228/tharaka2/Photo0160.jpg
tharaka Laptop Support 1 02-13-2012 10:01 PM
Problem trying to factory image restore Dell Inspiron 518/9
Hello there, new to the community and in need of some assistance. Perhaps there is another thread better suited for the problem but I was a tad overwhelmed by the range of sections of this site. After accidently downloading a virus, "STDRT.EXE", that regenerated in my Windows>Temp folder after...
phmurphy Inactive Malware Help Topics 11 01-29-2012 12:01 PM
Problem with Dell Inspiron 5100-Very Slow!!
I wasn't exactly sure where to start with issue, so I'm beginning here. I am trying to get my wife's (rather old) Dell Inspirion 5100 to run at a half-way usuable speed. I noticed McAfee anti-virus was hanging during update, causing the processor to max out at 100%, but still not updating. At...
CHICAGOAUDIO Resolved HJT Threads 13 06-06-2011 07:04 AM
Help DELL Inspiron 7000 laptop Power IC problem
hi there ia hve dell inspiron 70000 laptop there was a problem in power iC 4410 so-8 iahve changed it with 4501 as some guy told me to do so now the problem is it's not matching plz if any one knows what shouldi use instaed of 4410 as it is unavailble in market ihope some one must know plz...
hassan_05 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 0 05-28-2011 10:22 AM
Selecting RAM for your Laptop
Introduction: The type of RAM a laptop takes can usually be determined by what processor it has. The processor is always easy to tell, to find out, download a free utility called PC Wizard. This utility will tell you your information about your computer, including your CPU and its model number....
TheMatt Laptop Support 1 11-26-2006 11:25 AM