Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Corsair PSU Buzzing and fan stops intermittently

This is a discussion on Corsair PSU Buzzing and fan stops intermittently within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Corsair PSU TX 750, and I've only had it for a year. The fan on it has been

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Troubled

I have Corsair PSU TX 750, and I've only had it for a year. The fan on it has been buzzing and it stops occasionally. Anyone ever heard of this? I'm getting a new PSU because I don't want overheatage, but I'm just curious if anything similar has happened to anyone. P.S. it is not dust-clogged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

I've had personal problems with my previous PSU which was Corsair also. They're apparently bad quality and it showed. Mine was 6 months old and then started making buzzing and grinding sounds similar to what you described however mine didn't stop at all.

My brother has a gaming-series Corsair PSU and has had no issues, but I like to stay away from them now. You could try sending it back if it still has the warranty and get a replacement, if not, I'd buy a new one. The experts here will tell you to get either an XFX or Seasonic PSU.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Corsair changed manufacturers a couple years back, the Seasonic builds are good the CWT builds are so/so but both are covered by 5 year warranties RMA it back to them, if you are buying a replacement sell the supply Corsair sends back to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Emeritus

As recommended, RMA your Corsair for a replacement and use it, sell it, or keep it as a spare.

If you want a top quality replacement, SeaSonic-XFX-Antec HCG are SeaSonic made.

Closed Thread