User Tag List

confused

This is a discussion on confused within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have a toshiba satellite 1410 laptop which only has 128mb RAM, I bought an additional 256MB RAM but

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #1

Red Faced

Hi
I have a toshiba satellite 1410 laptop which only has 128mb RAM, I bought an additional 256MB RAM but when I installed it the machine wouldnt do anything. I was it would be compatible but when I checked both cards the original says 266mhz and the new one says 333mhz. Could this be the reason why its not picking it up?
please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #2

Hi Kate,

It could be that there is compatibility issues with the current stick and the new stick. Try the new stick without the current stick and see if it works. The RAM is backwards compatible, so that fact that the new stick is faster isn't the problem.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
confused with my comp
hiya, my computer keeps getting a pop-up saying that the server is busy and there are 3 options buit only two available for clicking "switch to.." and "retry" retyr never works and i'm a bit confused coz this happens to nearly all the programs that come up and there's only one computer in the...
ehababoud Windows XP Support 1 08-15-2006 10:25 AM
Upgrading my CPU. Confused. Need help.
I'm soon going to be upgrading my PC and I want to be sure that I get the best CPU for my budget. I've decided to go with AMD. The CPU I'm considering buying is an 'AMD Athlon 64 3500+' which is actually 2.2GHz. My present CPU is an 'AMD Athlon 2400+' which is 2GHz. I bought my 2400+ almost...
cdfreelancer Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 04-28-2006 04:55 AM
Confused. HELP!!!!
Hello, I am confused about where to go next and what other equipment I need. I am trying to set up three computers to use the internet. (cable modem) One is a laptop running on WinXP and the other two are regular PC's, both WinXP. I have a Belkin 54g Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway router and am...
alm Networking Support 1 04-15-2006 04:20 PM
Please guide me - confused with SATA PATA Primary Secondary master Slave...!!!
Please guide me - confused with SATA PATA Primary Secondary master Slave...!!! Respected members and gurus, I am a non technical person and am only good at using computers for my finance jobs and NOT configuring it. From last three days I have been reading and reading and reading about...
sunandoghosh Hard Drive Support 1 10-14-2005 11:47 AM