Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Computer Start Up Problem

This is a discussion on Computer Start Up Problem within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ AM2 Windsor ATI Radeon x1900xtx ASUS M2N-E AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #1

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ AM2 Windsor
ATI Radeon x1900xtx
ASUS M2N-E AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD
(1 GB Corsair DDR2) x 2
Seasonic S12 ATX12V 650W

So first off, the problem I am about to explain happened roughly 6 months ago. I was able to solve it by buying a new PSU. Obviously it was only a temporary fix.

Yesterday I was playing WoW when my computer abruptly turned off. I tried turning it on, but I wasn't able to even get it started. Plugged in a different AC cord and still wasn't even budging.

I left it off for around 8 hours, then came back and tried again with the same result. I then plugged it into a different outlet and it worked! Played on it for 3 or 4 hours, and then the same thing happened. Only time I can even get a light to show for a split second is taking out the cord and plugging it back in.

Is there anything you can think of as to why this continues to happen? I'm hoping I don't have to buy another PSU, gives me a little hope that it did actually come back on. Keep in mind when you respond that I am in no way tech savvy. I bought the parts and had a friend put it together for me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #2

UPDATE: I just tried touching the 2 connectors with a screwdriver, and it worked once and fully booted. So I turned it off, brought it back to my desk and hooked everything up, and now that wont work either.
Closed Thread