Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Computer metal shocking me

This is a discussion on Computer metal shocking me within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was unplugging some usb things out of my computer and the corner screw started shocking me. It isnt a

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

I was unplugging some usb things out of my computer and the corner screw started shocking me. It isnt a static electricity shock. Its more like there is electricity to the screw and im touching it. My psu is Corsair tx 750 and motherboard an asus. All my parts are name brand quality stuff. not sure what it could be.

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Emeritus

Check all the power connections.
Is your household circuitry properly grounded?
Try the PC in a different household receptacle.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
computer with wireless cannot detect ANY network in the area
Hello, All. I am recycling old computers and, out of the salvageable parts in such computers, I am rebuilding computers for needy families for Christmas.. Recently I came up against three problems (# 1 and # 2 are related to an old ECS P4M900T-M Socket 775 DDR2 motherboard. The computer came...
Mike Sturgeon Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 12-13-2011 09:36 PM
[SOLVED] Problems with USB Keyboard Non executable memory error... help!
Hi all, Please forgive me, for this is my first post on here and to be honest, I'm not really sure where to turn next - I've seen similar problems to the one I'm encountering, but not there seems to be a lot of dead links around regarding XP support, so I hope that I'm in the right place to try...
Libraryboy Windows XP Support 6 05-14-2011 08:55 AM
Help! My mums PC is infected
Hi Everyone :wave: Just having some issues with my mums PC. Its WindowsXP with SP3 and prior to this infection had AVG Free. This morning I uninstalled the AVG and put Avira free as I believe it is much better :) I have also run scans with MBAM and the first one showed 2 malicious items...
ItsMeTaraLee Resolved HJT Threads 83 05-05-2011 12:29 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM