Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Computer Locking Up!

This is a discussion on Computer Locking Up! within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having an issue with my computer locking up. When I am working on something that uses a lot

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I am having an issue with my computer locking up. When I am working on something that uses a lot of memory my screen goes fuzzy and then completely locks up. The cursor does not even move when you move the mouse. The only way to recover things is to reset the PC and obviously any work you have not saved is lost. Someone has suggested there is an issue with my RAM hence why I am posting here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

See if your friend is correct: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...memtest86.html

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying advice for new laptop please
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds). Which brand should I get? Please help me decide from this list: ALTERNATE ...
12311 Laptop Support 13 10-22-2013 09:34 AM
Suspect audio virus and tool bar removal
Good evening and thank you for your efforts so far. I use an Acer AX1200-B1581A running Win 7 64 bit. Every audio source that I play is interrupted with silence or tone intervention. This includes internet sources as well as CD drive. I am older, my glasses are in the shop and I sincerely hope I...
sonofwilliam Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-19-2013 08:30 AM
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows XP Support 0 03-24-2012 08:11 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM