Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Computer freezes/restarts when watching a stram or playing games

This is a discussion on Computer freezes/restarts when watching a stram or playing games within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys I have been having a problem lately with my computer. When i am watching a stram on twitch

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 03:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys I have been having a problem lately with my computer. When i am watching a stram on twitch or playing a game like league of legends or payday2, my computer either freezes (when watching a stream) or restarts WITHOUT BSOD (when playing). I had this problem 3 months ago and i switched my gpu and it stopped for a few months and now its doing it again. My temperatures are bellow 40 normally and when playing games it is around mid 60s for gpu and cpu. I h available e read other posts and they say it is the psu not giving enough power but others say its lots of different stuff. I could really use some help thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 03:34 AM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

My first bet would be the psu, whats the make/model?

Its likely the psu was good enough for your old gpu but not for your new one.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 03-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, thanks for replying so soon. here is my pc build: AMD FX-8350, MSI Radeon R7 370, Azza SIRIUS - System Build - PCPartPicker

My old GPU was a r9 290x and this would happen before too. actually i replaced every part in my computer except the HD when i was trying to figure out what the problem was before. the psu i replaced it with had the same voltage so maybe that is why.
also as you can see in the link, the voltage for my build requires around 300 volts so that is making me think it is something else. i really dont know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

also, did the low voltage damage my gpu?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

hey guys so i bought a new psu for 850v and so far so good. no freezes or restarts! just wanted to report back in case someone had the same problem
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search