Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Computer crashes and restarts

This is a discussion on Computer crashes and restarts within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Everytime I run a game my computer restarts at launch, sometimes during photoshop use as well. I run furmark, it

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Everytime I run a game my computer restarts at launch, sometimes during photoshop use as well.

I run furmark, it restarts. I run prime95, it retarts. Instantly.

Could this be a power supply issue? This computer is around 7 years old. I believe last year my computer wouldn't turn on and I replaced the power supply to get it working again.

Now this is happening, looked around the internet and it could be GPU drivers or RAM? How can I check it's the power supply for sure before I have to replace it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

First and foremost, please provide the computer specs of your computer. Knowning your computer specs will surely help in troubleshoot your computer issue more efficiently.

Check the "EventViewer" on your computer to see there are any errors listed on the EventViewer. If so, post the errors here.

Have you recently installed any Windows updates on your computer? Hardware component drivers update?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz)
RAM: 16.0GB DDR3 (Installed 2 sticks of 8GB couple months ago)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850
Power: Thermaltake TR2 600W

Made the computer trigger the crash (opening game) and then checked event viewer:

Code:
Event 41, Kernel Power
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Code:
Event 3, Kernel-EventTracing
Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188
Code:
Event 7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
VBoxNetAdp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 02:48 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi, this is about the error code https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2001347 you might try not using ready boost as a test for stability.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

When was the last time you opened up tower and used a can of air to free up the hsf and other obvious areas that could cause over heating. Can you tell us motherboard temps and or cpu temp when this happens or what is normal? Have you ever replaced the hard drive?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #6
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Yes, also open up your computer tower when you can and use a can air to dust out your computer. Another thing you can do is to test your computer hard drive for any errors. I recommend downloading and using "Seatools" to test your computer hard drive for any errors.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #7
Registered Member

I used seagate tools and my harddrive passed the tests, however my external drive had a SHORT DST FAIL?

Also, forgot to mention that I usually leave my computer on 24/7 but I was going out of town so I decided to turn it off, when I came back the computer wouldn't turn on it just had an orange light from the motherboard and on the power button. I searched online and surprisingly the solution that worked was heating up the back part of the power supply with a hair dryer... so I guess it's looking more like a hardware issue(ps)? Wish I had an extra ps to check

Should I be worried about the short dst fail on my external drive?
Closed Thread