Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Can I use this power cord for...

This is a discussion on Can I use this power cord for... within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I brought home an old computer tower to work on. I have no idea what's in it yet, but it's

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

I brought home an old computer tower to work on. I have no idea what's in it yet, but it's heavy. Wondering if I can use the FJ-013 power cord on it (the only one I have that fits right now).
Definitely trying to avoid bad things from possibly happening.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Don't know what that is but virtually every PC in North America takes a power cord like this. Use one rated for at least 10 amps.

Name:  cord.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
Enthusiast

My System

Not sure if your in the US or what but I am in the UK and you can use a power cord from a kettle if you have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
Emeritus

Yes, you can use the FJ-013 power cord.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Newly Assembled PC Wont Power On(n00bMistake)
Newly Assembled PC Won't Power On:banghead: Hello, I just got done with my first semester of college and I decided it was time to build my own PC. My major is Computer Technologies, and I completed my first semester wit a 4.0. I was pretty confident that I could successfully build own computer,...
JoshThen00b Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 27 05-30-2013 01:47 AM
Laptop does not turn on with power cord
I have a Toshiba L350 it works ok on Battery, but my Battery doesn't hold charge for more than 5 mins so i have to run on power cord, now from last few days my laptop does not power on with a power cord at all. so i changed battery and till its fully charged i do not turn on my laptop. but while...
Archnashel Laptop Support 7 11-04-2011 01:23 AM
Basics: attaching power cord
Hello, Is it not a good practice to attach/plugin the power adapter to my laptop while it is running a program? (Perhaps better longevity if I make a habit of no programs running- or even but laptop in sleep mode?) Thanks! Alexis
dms007 Laptop Support 1 06-29-2011 09:34 PM
power light on .cooling fan runs 15 seconds. no post but power light on
Have a problem hope some one can direct me to a fix. I have a Toshiba P15-S479 lab top, I have been having trouble with the dc power were it goes in to the lab top. I all on my own decided to remove the receptacle off the board and hard wire the dc power cord to the mother board. All went well...
Dhand RAM and Power Supply Support 0 03-14-2011 01:46 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM