Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

broken acer aspire

This is a discussion on broken acer aspire within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i have an acer aspire 5732z which has literally just died on me. Now when i go to press

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
i have an acer aspire 5732z which has literally just died on me. Now when i go to press the power button the light comes on and the laptop makes a noise then cuts out. The screen remains blank. The laptop is 18 months old and compltely standard. Any help would begreatly received.
many thanks
adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Where is the noise coming from? Fan, drives,etc

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've just tried the following steps no joy, the fan starts then stops and the laptop dies again. Nothing on the screen at all. The laptop starts to power up for about 6 sec then cuts out again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Has the laptop been cleaned lately? Blow the fan and vents clear of any dust/debris

Try swapping the memory modules and trying one at a time.

Remove the drives and see what happens.

Take a look at the thread below and perform the steps. If uncomfortable or never opened a laptop you may want to try a local repair shop.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ng-498132.html

Acer 5732z Service Manual
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
broken screen disaster acer aspire
this laptop served me well for roughly a year, then seemingly imploded on itself. The lcd screen is destroyed, i can see a blurred jumping image in the very bottom left corner, but not enoug to tell what im doing. Last night something happened to the administrative privelages in my computer, now...
mtsol Laptop Support 2 12-08-2011 08:31 AM
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 fit...
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 model fit into a HP Pavilion a000 OR a220a case. (For some strange reason it comes up with both of those models on the case itself.) EDIT: NOTE: Reason for this is I currently have a G210 512MB GPU and need to upgrade, Which is why I'm also buying a new PSU. The Acer...
No1sMature Building 4 10-17-2011 06:07 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, ntkrnlpa.exe
Hello, I have a repeated BSOD on our system. I have tried doing searches and troubleshooting on my own and have been unable to find a solution. I have followed the BSOD posting instructions. Thanks in advance for your help ∑ OS - Vista ∑ x86 (32-bit) ∑ What was original installed OS on...
f1sherman BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 09-27-2011 11:12 AM
[SOLVED] need help with an acer aspire 5315, lcd is broken and cannot restore
it works on an external display until it goes to set up windows and i was wondering if there is a way to keep vga out during this process.
dmfanp Laptop Support 3 07-31-2011 08:19 PM
BSOD Help
I'm a bit of a noob, so I hope I did the correctly. I'm running windows 7. 64 bit. This computer has always had Windows7 on it, and it came with the computer. The computer is 1.5 years old and has always done this. Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU [email protected] 2.66GHz 2.67GHz Video Card: Nvidia...
sasarai1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-15-2011 11:46 PM