Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Black screen when running memtest86-usb

This is a discussion on Black screen when running memtest86-usb within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, My computer is Windows Surface Pro4, 4G ram. I have downloaded the newest version of memtest86 from its

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

My computer is Windows Surface Pro4, 4G ram. I have downloaded the newest version of memtest86 from its website and installed it on my usb as instructed. I can access the configuration interface but the screen turns black with a keyboard symbol remained on the lower right corner when the tests start. I have searched through the internet and found similar problems posted. It seems there's a new version to get around this bug. Any help?

Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2018, 07:06 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

What version of memtest86 did you run and from which site? Download the latest version (7.5 as at today) available at https://www.memtest86.com/
Old 10-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

i downloaded version V7.5 from the official website https://www.memtest86.com/
and have the issue i mentioned above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencch View Post
i downloaded version V7.5 from the official website https://www.memtest86.com/
and have the issue i mentioned above
See https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...n-surface-book

Give the Windows Memory Diagnostics utility a go. It defaults to 2 passes, but you can access more options by pressing F1. In my experience, it has only taken 1 pass to detect memory errors, and configuring more passes or indefinite runs has never been necessary. If you've got bad ram, the errors will show up pretty soon.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

i have tried the memtest86 provided in that post. However, i can't get into the configuration interface with this new version of memtest86. My computer just boots as usual and enter windows.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying no audio device, drivers are working properly?
I have Winxp, all service packs, and Sound Blaster Audigy. I have tried what I am assuming is every solution I have found in short of reinstalling XP. Making sure the right devices are started in services, un-installing/re-installing/updating drivers, and so on. One thing it probably could be is...
lsdeimos Windows XP Support 9 01-19-2014 10:46 AM
[SOLVED] Problems with staying on line with all Browsers
Hi all, I have a Compaq Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pk 3. I checked and it said I have 11.3 GB available. I have downloaded every single Browser, IE keeps saying low on memory, no memory at line 1, 10, 22 etc. freezes up on me & boots me off line.The rest of them seem to all say:...
JoJo62 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 06-19-2013 07:43 AM
Internet Time Sync Not Syncing On Bootup
Clock settings say computer is set to automatically synchronize with time.windows.com and "set on a scheduled basis" but when I click change settings it tells me I don't have permission to change and contact admin. I am in my admin account. What I noticed is the clock is running like 2X it normal...
piotrowr2012 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 26 03-02-2013 06:06 PM
Unable to open programs
Good Morning, A friend called me the other night. He was unable to open any programs on his PC. Gets a message like: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Click help for more information error code 0x80070424". I picked it up from him and tried to install Anti...
mrmuggyd Resolved HJT Threads 28 02-27-2013 02:34 PM
Bsod during Guild wars 2 session
Im having error often but only in this game. It say its a sync problem with my cpu. IM sorry in advance for the way i present the report but i could not figure out how to upload one of the file. there it is Rapport de diagnostics du système Ordinateur: JULIEN-PC Collecté: 27 août 2012...
passprogress BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 08-29-2012 09:44 AM