Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Bios reading 480mb after installing 1gb.

This is a discussion on Bios reading 480mb after installing 1gb. within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an old E system 3088 laptop. It has 256mb RAM. I have replaced the RAM with 1gb. Speccy

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an old E system 3088 laptop. It has 256mb RAM. I have replaced the RAM with 1gb. Speccy shows 1gb RAM but BIOS shows 480mb as does Windows XP SP 3 system specs. I have entered the BIOS settings but there appears to be no settings which could be changed to read the full amount of RAM. Please advise if there is any way to get the laptop to read the full 1gb? If it needs a BIOS update is there any legit software which will advise of the latest/last update for this laptop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

It's time to upgrade your computer is the answer to your question.

Are you sure this machine can support 1GB of RAM?
Old 05-03-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

New machines cost money unfortunately and when you are skint you just have to make use of what you have. I have no manual or documentation as the machine is 2nd hand and there is not much online about it. Speccy does not give me the make of the mother board only says to be installed by OEM so I cannot find out if there is a bios update or the RAM supported without taking the casing appart which I do not want to do. Any help is appresciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
Elite Commander

My System

Send a message via MSN to VividProfessional

do you have a make and model of the machine?
Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #5
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cummings View Post
do you have a make and model of the machine?
It in first post. E system 3088 laptop.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Registered Member

E System 3088. Originally sold by Dixons group in the UK I think. Windows XP was installed on 15/07/2007. BIOS-American Megatrends Inc. Version 080012
Date 17/07/2006.
Closed Thread