Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

At a loss with power supply issue?

This is a discussion on At a loss with power supply issue? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I hope I am on the right part of the forum, new to forum. I posted this on steam a

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I hope I am on the right part of the forum, new to forum.
I posted this on steam a few days ago and haven't received but help
(copied and pasted) Since then I have removed battery and tried the games, Dungeon defenders seemed to play without shut down but the others still shut down the laptop.

I have trouble playing some games I use to be able to play and run just fine...
These games now after a few minutes turn my laptop off.
Some games I know do this, dungeon defenders, 7 days to die, dungeon seige III...
Before you tell me to get a new computer, I know my laptop is old, yes it needs to be upgraded.
I have a newer computer in Australia which would work better but I am currently in Europe and can't just go out and get a new computer...
Processor Intel(R) Core Duo(TM)2 Duo Cpu P7550 @ 2.26GHz 2.27 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 4.00GB
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
(just formatted computer and it didnt help) I have no virus and no spyware I did run scans (even before formatting)

I played dungeon defenders just fine a few weeks ago. It turned off laptop and looked for a fix and then got it running just fine and lasted a few weeks where I could play for hours without a problem. Then I moved Laptop to a different area in the house and since then games start turning laptop off after a few minutes when playing. Can't remember how I fixed it last time

I can play other games like Talisman where it wont turn off...

I think it might be a battery issue but don't know how I can resolve it. The battery needs to be replaced I know this, it doesn't charge and stays at 0% and laptop needs to be plugged in to work. I also have Razor Cortex installed which can make some games work better...
If I change power plan to power saver from balanced the CPU will then run at 100% making games lag to the point they freeze and are totally unplayable.
I only really use my laptop for games and unable to play games makes it an oversized paper weight.
Any help or advice would be apprechiated thank you.

Shrub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Do this, remove the battery from your laptop and play the games with only the AC adapter connected to your laptop, and see if the laptop still shut down on you. Also, when you can check the CPU temp, etc.etc.etc. in the BIOS and post the info here.

Another thing you can do is to download a program called "HWiNFO32". Install this program on your computer, run the "Sensor-only" test, and then post the info onto here.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Closed Thread