Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

all 4 slots of ram full gives me black screen

This is a discussion on all 4 slots of ram full gives me black screen within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i bought a hole new system (only ssd and case are the old ones...) and when i put all

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich-M
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 02:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, i bought a hole new system (only ssd and case are the old ones...) and when i put all 4 new ram sticks (mentioning that they are all the same company and model) the computer will turn on but i will get a black screen, but if i put only a couple (doesn't metter whcih ones or on which slots) it will work perfectly now i checked on net the max ram i can put with my motherboard and cpu is 64 gb but all cards are 8 each which means 32 in total so i can't seem to see the problem,
my build is like that:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard: Asus tuf b450-plus gaming
RAM: 2 packs of HyperX Fury 2X8GB (again total of 32 gb)
GPU: AMD RX560 sapphire 4gb
if someone can pls help me it would be really awsome i am really despret...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

When you say the screen is blank, does it mean the computer is booting up ? Does it get into Windows (check either through the sounds or the num/caps lock) ?

What happens if you remove the GFX card, install all the 4 cards and use the onboard connector for Video ? Does it work ?

If the above is the case, chances are your PSU is unable to supply the required juice for the devices.

Can you post the model and rating of your PSU as well ?

Old 01-07-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

In conjunction with Tristar's answer, here's something you might find useful, now and in the future. https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I think its more that the ram you are using is border line compatible so much so that you use all 4 sticks and it won't boot. Not all ram works on all boards one of the reasons I use only approved tested ram on given motherboards and the compatibility charts are easy to find on the mfgr site.
Oh and Kingston Hyper-X is one ram I have often found difficult to work on many boards.
tristar likes this.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Ryzen 2700 doesn't have iGPU (APU) so it's not going to help if you try using your motherboards built in display connector. Can you post the specific ram kits you're using?
Old 01-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #6
Hardware Tech Team

My System

If you're using a gen2 Ryzen and lets say you have 4 sticks of DDR4 3200. You may need to manually reduce the speed to 2933 or 2666 to get your system to initially post with all 4 banks populated. With 2933 speed you would use 1.35v typically, and with 2666 you would use 1.2v. B450 boards many times also come with BIOS updates for better memory compatibility for both the negotiation of speed and dimm population. Try manually setting the speed to 2400 or 2666 and see if the system will post with all 4 sticks.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:18 AM   #7
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

That's a great idea sparechange.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread