Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

After turned kitchen - fuse tripped - power outage - question pc.

This is a discussion on After turned kitchen - fuse tripped - power outage - question pc. within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I am just asking. Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen... 2 days ago

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello. I am just asking.
Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen...

2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine.

Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not? Thank you.

My pc: 6700K stock

16GB DDR4

Asus Z170-P

Corsair 750 RM

Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

According to the specs Maximum Digital Resolution2 [email protected]
Found here https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/1...1080-ti/#specs
If you used something to force the change to 144hz perhaps it reset after the outage.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

I am using normal standard 144hz 1080p on nvidia panel. No other program used. After power outage when i booted my pc second time,refresh was reset to other lower value ( i dont know which exactly ). To restore 144hz i turn off monitor and turn on again and 144hz was back.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 03:30 AM   #4
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

Sew, you've been told before that your base supply connection is bad and that you should buy a UPS ;)

If it's now back at 144hz and it's stuck, you have tested and rebooted - then it's fine (until the next time your power trips out... ).
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

Ok i know its fine. But just wondering why it reverted to lower value itself.:) Also thank you for reply Satrow.
Closed Thread